Is this powdery mildew?

iwltfum

I took these clones about a week ago. 12gallon Ez-cloner, clear-rez(30ml), calmag(25ml), ph 6.2, two airstones with a .065m^3/minute pump on all the time, spray manifold pump is set to 15min-on/15min-off.
Temp 65night/79day. 18/6 light cycle. Room humidity in the past week shot up to about 55% for two or three days. Is at 45%now. No root nodes showing at 7day mark.

A few days ago, this weird sort of PM looking stuff showed up on about half of the clones, but I've had and dealt with PM before and it didn't cover just the veins of the leaves, like this stuff seems to be doing on most of its victims. The PM I have had before, the colonies were very circular and stayed on large, old leaves mostly.

Any opinions on whether this is or isn't PM and, if it isn't, what it might be, would be much appreciated. Thanks!

IMG_037427.JPG

IMG_037331.JPG

IMG_037234.JPG

Anybody have any ideas at all? I have sprayed them twice with serande in the past 56 hours. Doens't seem to be helping though.

Looked at the spots today under a 30x scope definitely spores. I hate this thing. Curb alert: ez-cloner. somewhere in colorado.

Yes one form of it, consider reducing your humidity in that room, apply neem oil 1/2 teaspoon to a pint hand spray, fill with water and apply 2-3 times per day

Hey vastok, Thanks for the reply. The humidity has not gone higher than 50% in four or five days, should I try and drop it lower than that?

I decided to purge the cloner of all the affected clones because a bout 30% of them did not have this stuff on them. Looks like two more of them picked it up over night or during the purge. I have 9/30 left. Thank jah I took extras. Although its been nine or ten days and no root nodes.

I've gone through my fair share of ez-cloner ups and downs in the past 4 years that I've owned it. Anywhere from 100%-0% success rate. Not even exaggerating. I'm not even going to get into the issues I've had with the neoprene, but the times I take like 2 or 3 days to clean every part of the cloner properly, I have great results. at least 75-100%. But if I miss wiping down a dime size spot or something else that seems trivial, it's a done deal, almost no success- diseases, pests, rot, you name it. This was the last straw. Time to get some rockwool and clonex I guess.

see cloning for what it is, growing root nubs out from under the bark...simple no big fancy dance or howling at the moon required, FYI you can grow clones in engine oil and a bubbler should you so wish, air is important so is heat, and naturally depleting the mother of any excess(N)
The aim is to have a cutting established under 12 days, either in a cloner(DIY) bubbler or in rapid roots etc, by then shes due for a feed, most get clones established in about 10 days, some strains, cloners favorites can now do 9 days GSC and C99 I have been told?

in the above situation PM had formed, as the correct situation had inadvertently was made, temps about 15-20C with humidity above 65%, keep you plants both in the rootzone and in the air at 22C/70 - 25C/77F to keep mold/fungi at bay

good luck

After many hours of research, I discovered that the mildew was actually pythium. for future reference, that's what it looks like on clones.

Back
Top Bottom