Issues with the root system in hydroponics

FireGod

HI Guys,

SO I have read the rules and looked for a proper place to ask my question. I hope this is it, if not I apologize. I am new to Hydro growing and am now on my 2nd Grow. I am using a drip system in sealed 6 pot type container from a well known California based company. I am having some issues with the root system becoming too massive for the container and even binding up the submersible pump. I have read about nutrient lockout and all that stuff and I have a PPM meter but my question is kind of two fold, when do i take a girl from veg to repo (have heard answers based on height and strain) and when leaves start to yellow or other characteristics how do i tell what the plant is deficient in? I can post pics if anyone would like to see where I am at right now.

Thanks in Advance

Pics will help. This chart should also aide you in identifying certain common cannabis deficiencies

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies3121.jpeg

Pics will help. This chart should also aide you in identifying certain common cannabis deficiencies

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies3121.jpeg

Awesome, this Chart is just what I was looking for. And here are my photos. Appreciate the help. How far from ready would you say these guys are?

Massive root system ah, ye that can happen with hydro grows !

Mmm when i looked through the pic's posted and noticed some of the net pots lifted with out roots i would assume ya chopped em off !

That might lead to some minor problems as some of those plants look a little sad... ya need to get your res tank level up or just past the base of the net pots as some of em look like they are wilting...

I'm sorry i can not offer much advice on large root systems ?

But you may wish to look in to RDWC (recycllating deep water culture systems)

Other suggestions are temp of water should be between 18c to 22c if i remember correctly, use of an air stone to oxygenate water etc

From what I can see on my mobile, you are past the veg state and into flowering, so what do you mean "take from veg to repo"?

UltraDan,

Thanks for the reply man! I was in the hospital for a few days so please pardon my late reply. So yes lol I am passed that stage now, it was more of a general question. I ask because I have been told its height based or the particular strain or the leaf count (As in you move it into flowering after the 4th set of "True Leaves" appear. So i am looking for a good answer to this one.

Cheers,
FG

UltraDan,

Hey Man, thanks again for the help! With this strain the pH between 6.0/6.5, monitored with a BlueLab Guardian monitor.

Cheers-

UltraDan,

Hey Man, thanks again for the help! With this strain the pH between 6.0/6.5, monitored with a BlueLab Guardian monitor.

Cheers-

That is a little too high for hydro. Hydro set ups you want your pH as close to 5.8 as possible. Maybe this is contributing to a few of the issues at hand.

Nutrient_Chart24.gif

Massive root system ah, ye that can happen with hydro grows !

Mmm when i looked through the pic's posted and noticed some of the net pots lifted with out roots i would assume ya chopped em off !

That might lead to some minor problems as some of those plants look a little sad... ya need to get your res tank level up or just past the base of the net pots as some of em look like they are wilting...

I'm sorry i can not offer much advice on large root systems ?

But you may wish to look in to RDWC (recycllating deep water culture systems)

Other suggestions are temp of water should be between 18c to 22c if i remember correctly, use of an air stone to oxygenate water etc

Thanks Fuzzy Duck-

SO as far as the roots go, those two net-pots you see in the picture are not "active plants" but the remnants of a chop. There are two air stones in that Reservoir.

Thanks for the info on the H20 temp though!!

So based on that have you heard that its better to draw air from the outside of the building/room/facility and then to pump that air into the res through the air stones?

I was told that this is done because cooler air has a high oxygen percentage by volume.

Thanks for the Deep water Info, I created a new system and will post pics later on

@UltraDan-

Man, you rock!! Thanks for the information. I am just going into a new cycle now so this is perfect timing. Not to mention that I have been looking for charts like these. So thank you again! My Plants Thank you as well :)

Back
Top Bottom