JoebeChill's Indoor Soil Grow: Critical Poison From 00 Seeds, 2019

joebechill

High everyone ! (5/31/2019)
This is my first grow journal ever. 2nd time growing from seed.

I am growing Critical Poison (3 Plants) from 00 Seeds (Seedsman Seed Bank)
Mostly Indica Hybrid (Critical Mass X Green Poison)
Photoperiod / Feminized Seeds
Breeder expected flower period : 45-50 days

Germinated : 5/27/2019 using the damp paper towel in a ziplock bag method. 3/3 seeds germinated.

Tent : 2x4 Vivosun Grow Tent
Lights : 2x HLG 96 elites (Driver : HLG-320h-54a)
Medium : Fox Farms Ocean Forest
Nutrients : FloraNova Grow and Bloom, Botanicare Cal-Mag, Molasses, Great White Mykos

These are the first seeds i have ever purchased. My first grow was from 3 unknown seeds. I am considering this my first real grow.
I purchased these spacifically because they are supposed to be easy to grow, the flowering time is expected to be short, and i wanted an indica.
The breeder also states that these seeds grow really fat dense colas that need trellis netting or yo-yos to hold up with a high yield so obviously that is a major plus.

The seedlings have hatched and the baby pot plants are starting their journey. My only concern is that the leaves are droopy, but I am just hoping that they will fix themselves and it isn't anything to worry about since all three are doing it.

This is the first week and so far so good.
Indoor temps today average : 79F / 39% humidity

I am going to move them into my tent after my last harvest is fully dried... which shouldn't be long since I hung my last harvest up 7 days ago. Right now they are by this window that sunlight can get through but it is not direct. Once they get placed into the tent i plan on putting ONE 96elite dimmed over top of them at a height I still have to figure out. There are two fans in the tent with a few computer fans up top as well. I don't have a fan filter yet, but I plan on purchasing one within this month (any suggestions would be awesome). I will add pictures of the tent setup once I put the plants in there.

They are in solo cups right now.
Then will be transplanted to a 3/4 gallon or 1 gallon pot.
I plan on finishing them in a 3 gallon fabric pot.
My plans could change as time passes.

Questions:
Is the sunlight from the window okay for my seedlings right now?
Should i add perlite to my ffof soil?
What height should i hang my hlg 96elites at for each stage?
What are some solid carbon filter/ fan setups?
4 inch carbon filter or 6inch?
Should I hang my driver outside of my tent or build a grow light frame?
Anything you want me to add to this thread that could be beneficial? (info or pictures)
How does everything look so far?

EVERYONE AND ANYONE WHO WANTS TO ADD SUGGESTIONS PLEASE DO SO

i love ya'll

Attachments

• IMG_6513.jpg
    IMG_6513.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_6514.jpg
    IMG_6514.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_6515.jpg
    IMG_6515.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_6518.PNG
    IMG_6518.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 139
  • IMG_6520.PNG
    IMG_6520.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 128
  • IMG_6521.PNG
    IMG_6521.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_6552.jpg
    IMG_6552.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_6550.jpg
    IMG_6550.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 109
Update: I have them in the tent on a 18/6 light cycle with two 20W cfl lights. I will be constructing ONE 96 elite to the driver within this week and i will have it dimmed. Im not sure whether i want a PAR meter or Lux or ppfd reader or what. I will have to do some youtube research. I assume I'm going to need one to adjust how high my lights need to be at and how intense I will have to turn them up. Also, do I put the driver inside my tent and build a little aluminum frame? Should I keep it outside my tent since i don't have an exhaust fan right now? Im still figuring this out.

Attachments

• IMG_6573.jpg
    IMG_6573.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_6574.jpg
    IMG_6574.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_6575.jpg
    IMG_6575.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_6576.jpg
    IMG_6576.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_6577.jpg
    IMG_6577.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 121
UPDATE:
GOOD NEWS:
I added One of the 96 elites! so hopefully the plants love this light.. what is a good height to start off as???.. for some reason my brain is telling me 40 inches for seedlings and to bring it down as needed. Im having some trouble because i have my multimeter hooked up to read the current and i don't want to unhook the system and re wire it to go back from reading the voltage to current... so I'm just going to get another meter so i can read both at the same time. right now the current is about 1.8 amps 1800mA.. let me know what you guys think or recommend. I downloaded the lux meter app and i think its about 1000 if i remember correctly.
BAD NEWS: i was so scared to over water like i did my last grow that i underwatered two of the seedlings, but only one survived. The soil must have gotten too dry for the age of the plants. Im going to definitely keep up on this more until the plants are bigger and i can let the soil dry out more between each water. I guess you gotta learn somehow!!

Well, I planted two more seeds and they're coming along well. I will either plant them tonight or later tomorrow. Same strain (critical poison) 4 Plants total.

Attachments

• IMG_6643.jpg
    IMG_6643.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_6644.jpg
    IMG_6644.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_6647.jpg
    IMG_6647.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_6646.jpg
    IMG_6646.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_6645.jpg
    IMG_6645.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 128
UPDATE:
I planted the two new seeds today. I didn't take a picture of them before i planted but the tap root was about an inch long on both. The one had already pushed off its shell lol. I placed the tops of them pretty much level with the soil so they don't work too hard to sprout.

So, two of the plants will be about a week older than the other two. which isn't that big of a deal. Ive been using the water out of my dehumidifier. ppms are usually around 50. I stopped testing it. I honestly have not checked the ppms or pH since my last grow, but the pH was usually around 7. Is this okay to continue to do? I have pH up and down but i heard it doesn't really matter this early on. i also forgot to add in the great white mykos when planting, so i just top dressed the soil with it and watered it into the soil. will that be okay or should i get into the soil a little bit?

Temp is high 70s
rH is around 40%

I can turn my humidifier up if anyone thinks i should. I just don't like refilling it :laughtwo:

My tent fluctuates temp and humidity because i don't have anything really dialed in. I don't have an exhaust fan/ filter so everything kind of is what it is. I was also looking at the small / medium humidifier that people use in their tents i will put a link below . it has a wonderful looking shape to it (will fit nicely in any tent) and it hold more water than my shitty little humidifier lmao. I can't set the humidity where i want on the one i have now. My Dehumidifier has that function, but it is running in another room right now.

Other than that I have no idea what fan or filter to buy yet. I want a 4 or 6". it need to be quiet. it needs to take out the smell (do its job well)

IMG_6658.jpg

IMG_6659.jpg

IMG_6660.jpg

IMG_6661.jpg

IMG_6662.jpg

Back
Top Bottom