Jon's ViparSpectra KS3000 Review & Discussion Thread

@ViparSpectra

Hello fellow growers. This is a review forum for the KS3000, but I’d like to open it up a bit. Yes, anyone using the KS3000, I’d love to hear from you here. Please feel free to post photos of your grows featuring this light and any comments you wish to make. Let’s keep it positive, lol.

If you are using a different ViparSpectra light, please feel free to post here as well. It can serve as an interesting contrast if anyone is so inclined.

The idea here is to generate a general light discussion thread that revolves around the KS3000 and othe ViparSpectra lights. All are welcome.

Thanks! Here are some unboxing and hanging photos. There’s also some shots of a plant in veg under the light. I just got this, so I don’t have a ton of review yet. I will say it was well packaged, is easy as hell to hang, is solidly built, and is more than plenty bright in a 3x3, which it covers completely side to side. Ppfd levels are plenty high and seem to conform pretty closely to ViparSpectra’s charts. I really like the way the plants look under it. Very natural.

I also really like the detached driver and keeping it outside the tent. At 100% the driver is pretty warm. Outside the tent is way better.

E1A8DDE8-A6C7-4185-84A5-F06E79210FD7.jpeg

413ADF74-7A73-4829-A68A-43A06FC5C9AC.jpeg

B665E23F-8BBE-4966-BB90-82A31B4AAA99.jpeg

CD303E02-F012-4FA0-A869-58AEC8DD57E5.jpeg

F2F74E99-308C-4C3B-892F-D761F315733C.jpeg

89F5CD6C-35F8-4DC3-8E28-49DB73D28BAE.jpeg

66F81073-5F40-436C-AB89-13B4CBA1326D.jpeg

618FAB16-550E-4318-AC03-6AD67888BEE4.jpeg

D650AAF6-550B-4553-897C-984ED5899FC4.jpeg

Thank you for @Jon showcase the ViparSpectra KS3000 to followers.:thanks: We anticipate more follower who use ViparSpectra led grow lights could share their growing experience/photos with us. :high-five:

@ViparSpectra

Yes, anyone using the KS3000, I’d love to hear from you here. Please feel free to post photos of your grows featuring this light and any comments you wish to make. Let’s keep it positive, lol.

Still early in my first KS3000 grow. I have one sickly seedling that I'm hoping will grow out of it's funk, and 3 lovely ones. Wednesday I'll be transplanting into 5 gallon GroBuckets.

@ViparSpectra
Is Anyone using the KS3000 in a 3x3?

I am doing just that. It fills the 3x3 perfectly. I have been very impressed so far with the performance of this light. It got me to the flip through veg very well. I guess in part due to how it fills the whole space, but also in part due to the spectrum (very natural) and the way the light is dispersed (very evenly, eliminating hot and cold spots), I got very nice and even growth in veg. Very excited to see how it does now in flower.

Here’s a shot to show how perfect this KS3000 is in a 3x3 and another to show how sweetly it got me to the flip on this Strawberry Haze scrog. Note the evenness of the canopy. In the last picture you can see how much space the light affords you with the driver outside the tent. Note also that even on a bucket the plant has loads of headroom in a 6’6” tall tent.

Bravo ViparSpectra!

Would love to hear/see anyone else’s grow with this or another VioarSpectra light! You guys as happy as I am?

5F714E04-0BBC-4C82-B55E-0146EB23F350.jpeg

038A2ADC-2311-4D95-AB9C-5A5EE04425F9.jpeg

9DED541D-E519-427A-A97E-8648B1DF95BD.jpeg

@ViparSpectra
Is Anyone using the KS3000 in a 3x3?

I am doing just that. It fills the 3x3 perfectly. I have been very impressed so far with the performance of this light. It got me to the flip through veg very well. I guess in part due to how it fills the whole space, but also in part due to the spectrum (very natural) and the way the light is dispersed (very evenly, eliminating hot and cold spots), I got very nice and even growth in veg. Very excited to see how it does now in flower.

Here’s a shot to show how perfect this KS3000 is in a 3x3 and another to show how sweetly it got me to the flip on this Strawberry Haze scrog. Note the evenness of the canopy. In the last picture you can see how much space the light affords you with the driver outside the tent. Note also that even on a bucket the plant has loads of headroom in a 6’6” tall tent.

Bravo ViparSpectra!

Would love to hear/see anyone else’s grow with this or another VioarSpectra light! You guys as happy as I am?

5F714E04-0BBC-4C82-B55E-0146EB23F350.jpeg

038A2ADC-2311-4D95-AB9C-5A5EE04425F9.jpeg

9DED541D-E519-427A-A97E-8648B1DF95BD.jpeg
That’s a really cool feature the removable driver I wish my light 💡 had it. CL🍀

ViparSpectra KS3000
RESULTS
@ViparSpectra

Hi fellow growers! Now that the first KS3000 grow is in the books it’s time for some parting thoughts for now. This thread will stay opened for comment and when I begin the next test in June I’ll post that info here as well.

I grew a Strawberry Haze photo in a 3x3 tent in a small scrog in a 7-gallon pot of coco under the KS3000.

In short - this light is great. It has many very solid features. Here’s a brief list:

- excellent build quality
- high end diodes and driver
- detachable driver with nice long cord
- solid and very well built dimmer
- easy to clean and maintain
- superior heat dissipation, especially with the driver removed
- powerful for the size but designed to max out at roughly 1100 ppfd across the canopy, which makes it both easy to use/almost mistake proof AND an excellent light for a first time grower
- perfectly sized for a 3x3
- can veg a 4x4 and flower a 3x3
- extremely even coverage to sides and corners all around
- practically impossible to burn your plants with these lights
- excellent price point
- excellent customer service should you need them
- daisy chain functionality

Wow, that’s a lot of plusses. But how do they actually perform?

In a word: spectacularly.

Here’s a shot of how the light fits perfectly in a 3x3:

Here’s my Strawberry Haze in veg under the light. Note the evenness of growth and the perfect green color - the plant loved the spectrum.

Here’s how the light did in early flower:

Here’s late flower:

A bud closeup:

And the finished product:

My Strawberry Haze is frankly awesome. Dense, frosty, stinky, and the buds were super consistent regardless of their position in the scrog.

Start to finish the light did very well.

Bravo ViparSpectra. I’d love to hear how your plants did under your KS3000. Please feel free to share with us here if you’re so inclined.

Thanks!

ViparSpectra KS3000
RESULTS
@ViparSpectra

Hi fellow growers! Now that the first KS3000 grow is in the books it’s time for some parting thoughts for now. This thread will stay opened for comment and when I begin the next test in June I’ll post that info here as well.

I grew a Strawberry Haze photo in a 3x3 tent in a small scrog in a 7-gallon pot of coco under the KS3000.

In short - this light is great. It has many very solid features. Here’s a brief list:

- excellent build quality
- high end diodes and driver
- detachable driver with nice long cord
- solid and very well built dimmer
- easy to clean and maintain
- superior heat dissipation, especially with the driver removed
- powerful for the size but designed to max out at roughly 1100 ppfd across the canopy, which makes it both easy to use/almost mistake proof AND an excellent light for a first time grower
- perfectly sized for a 3x3
- can veg a 4x4 and flower a 3x3
- extremely even coverage to sides and corners all around
- practically impossible to burn your plants with these lights
- excellent price point
- excellent customer service should you need them
- daisy chain functionality

Wow, that’s a lot of plusses. But how do they actually perform?

In a word: spectacularly.

Here’s a shot of how the light fits perfectly in a 3x3:

Here’s my Strawberry Haze in veg under the light. Note the evenness of growth and the perfect green color - the plant loved the spectrum.

Here’s how the light did in early flower:

Here’s late flower:

A bud closeup:

And the finished product:

My Strawberry Haze is frankly awesome. Dense, frosty, stinky, and the buds were super consistent regardless of their position in the scrog.

Start to finish the light did very well.

Bravo ViparSpectra. I’d love to hear how your plants did under your KS3000. Please feel free to share with us here if you’re so inclined.

Thanks!
Great job from start to finish Jon and some tasty looking buds to boot 👢. Happy 420 my friend. CL🍀 :bravo: :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom