Is It Necessary To Add Any Cooling Fan?

ViparSpectra

420 Sponsor
Hello growers, here's a quick survey. Is it possible for you to help? Thank you all.

Q: Is it necessary to add any cooling fan for the grow room using ViparSpectra KS lights?

The ViparSpectra KS series, including KS2500/KS3000/KS5000, features a detachable power supply that can be mounted remotely on the side of a rack or on an adjacent wall to remove heat from the grow space.

1.png

Also, the large areas of solid aluminum heatsinks are aimed at helping growers to achieve the ideal cooling system.

Do you think the KS lights have reached the goal of heat dissipation? Please feel free to let us know.

Worked with a few bar lights.
And it helps defo having the psu out side the tent.
BUT your still need a GOOD venting system.
And in my case in take also.
So yes fans are still needed.
Smaller the space the more its needed ;)

Worked with a few bar lights.
And it helps defo having the psu out side the tent.
BUT your still need a GOOD venting system.
And in my case in take also.
So yes fans are still needed.
Smaller the space the more its needed ;)
:thanks: The Pro Series and XS Series light's drivers are soldering at the back of the light, which may cause many heats. But the KS Series is built with a detachable driver, which could hang the driver outside the tent with less heat. ViparSpectra always listens to ideas and will improve in future light research.

features a detachable power supply that can be mounted remotely on the side of a rack or on an adjacent wall to remove heat from the grow space.

You forgot to add that they can be mounted inside the grow space to introduce heat into the grow space - during winter.

I think detachable power supplies are beneficial for these reasons and I wouldn't buy lights without a detachable power supply.

j

You definitely still need circulation of air,but I own a spider Farmer SE 5000 and a Mars Hydro FC 3000 and both have detachable drivers but as someone ahead already points out leaving them inside on the light for heat now this time of year.I live in the tri state of West Virginia, Kentucky and Ohio in the US and it's cold weather climate here now so the drivers stay on both systems.

P.S. I would love to add the KS 5000 and check out the Samsung lm 301H diodes I think that @ViparSpectra is definitely in the top of the LED light market, Keep up the great work!

You forgot to add that they can be mounted inside the grow space to introduce heat into the grow space - during winter.

I think detachable power supplies are beneficial for these reasons and I wouldn't buy lights without a detachable power supply.

j
@Jaz Yes, you are right, it's very flexible. During summer, they can hang the driver outside of tent to cool the tent. And in winter, mounted inside grow tent to get more hear.

You still need air movement....

It helps to keep temperatures uniform from top to bottom and reduce possibilities of mold, etc.

As to changing the air in the tent, that is also a good thing...

Cheers
@Chuckeye
Yes, air movement is important to promote plant growth, can use fans to improve airflow.

You still need air movement....

It helps to keep temperatures uniform from top to bottom and reduce possibilities of mold, etc.

As to changing the air in the tent, that is also a good thing...

Cheers
@Stoned for life in Ohio
Yes, the grow tent still needs circulation of air. The detachable driver gives growers choice to hang it inside the tent or outside the tent. It's very useful and flexible.

KS5000 is have Black Day Deals on amazon.com.:cheer: Look forward to you take one!

Back
Top Bottom