Juicing Cannabis

I'm mystified - my understanding is that you can juice ANY and ALL STRAINS, regardless of how much THC or how little/much CBD there may be: juicing will NOT get you high; using whole flowering buds will ALWAYS work and NEVER be psychoactive! Please stop talking as if 'getting high' is a bad thing! Learn how to learn; learn how to Love, learn to Trust and learn to recognize yuor fear!
Hello Frank,

We have just started juicing.

My husband was diagnosed with a liver tumor, about 5 months ago. We've in California, and it co-incided with the Obama DOJ actions to crack-down on the California dispensaries.

In that time frame we also learned of CBD and its ability to kill cancer cells. We raced out, got our MMJ licenses and purchased some high CBD clones from a local dispensary. We planned to juice them when the plants got big enough.

We have also been purchasing high-CBD medicine, (dried buds), it is a Cannatonic that is 16% CBD and 1% THC. (That's right 16% CBD. It is the 'best' one we have found locally). We put it in a coffee grinder and grind it into a powder and pack the powder into gelatin capsules which my husband swallows morning and evening.

A friend send us a link to Rick Simpson's run from the Cure. As it was autumn, it was harvest time, for people I know, back home in the mountains, who grow. We were able to get a couple pounds of 'trim.'

We made Rick Simpson Oil. (Check out phoenix tears, of you do not know what RSO Rick Simpson Oil, is) The video says the Rick Simpson Oil won't make one stoned. They lied. The Rick Simpson Oil sent my husband over the moon. He could not walk for about 36 hours. It is just waaayyyyyy too strong. Even tiny-tiny quantity made him way too-stoned. We returned the remaining oil to the people who grew the plants.

So, our little plants have been growing. We just bought a little Sampson wheatgrass juicer. We decided upon the Sampson because it has a 17-year warranty.

As we live only a few hours from Dr. Courtney, I decided what the heck? Let's see if we can get an appointment with him. I called and got the good doctor himself. He was very approachable.

We went to see Dr. Courtney last week. We feared we might find 'a quack.'

Our fears were put to rest as soon as Dr. Courtney started to speak. He seemed very bright and very legitmate.

We have juiced high CBD plants for nearly a week. 40 grams of leaf makes about 9 cc's of juice.

Our plants are already about 95-days old, older than the 74-90-days that Dr.Courtney says is optimum for peak CBD content.

The juice made from the fresh, raw leaves does NOT make my husband stoned. It does seem to make him 'chipper' and perhaps a little more talk-ative than usual. He says it gives him 'a lift', but, does not make him 'stoned' like smoking a thc-rich marijuana joint would.

We are realizing, juicing, that we will go through our dozen plants, faster than we can grow them.

I hope, this week, to speak to our two local dispensaries, to see if they can start supplying fresh green leaves, for patients like my husband, who hope to juice the plants, to see if it will help battle his cancer.

Dr. Courtney says for my husband's copndition, go ahead and juice and pot leaves you can get a hold of. Raw and fresh, even leaves from high-THC plants will not make one stoned, as long as one uses the leaves, fresh and raw, to make the juice.

I hope this helps.

I hope I can find my back to this thread, in coming months, to report on how my husband's cancer is doing, after 6-12-18-months of juicing cannabis leaves.

Also, the doctor reports that you should have your light 3-4-feet or father from your CBD plants. A light that is 1-foot from your plants produces more THC and less CBD. The light, farther from the plant seems to promote a higher CBD production and a lower THC production. We have a fan on our plants. Now that our light is 4-5-feet from the plants, we hardly even need the fan to keep them cool. Though, I imagine as the heat of summer arrives, we will need the fan to keep the plants cool.

Please let us know how you do with juicing

Thank you,
Misssy

I've read a lot about this "Juicing" subject and there seems to be some basic terms being mixed around which confuses people.

Raw Cannabis has THCA which is NOT psychoactive. Its the "A" part that keeps it from being psychoactive as long as the "A" is attached to the THC hence THCA.

A natural process called decarbolyxation occurs and the "A" is removed from the THCA making it - THC. For the purposes of being simple here I will say decarbolyxation is similar to drying, though the processes that occur on a molecular level are far more complex.

A fresh raw bud can have some THC without the "A" depending on the maturity and how long it has been since removed from the plant so a person juicing a bud could experience a little lift or faint high. What I mean is the bud could have some dried portions within it - likely on the outer edges where the crystals can be seen - since this is the most exposed area to air and most likely to have some decarbolyxation already occurring.

Oil on the other hand is a quite different matter. The mere mention of Oil in regard to cannabis means the cannabis has been decarbolyxated at or nearly 100%. This means the Oil ONLY has THC and NO THCA and a small amount of that Oil will make you high for hours-on-end possibly to the point of sickness if you are a light weight like me. For me a teaspoon of my Oil (heated Cannabis in a small pot of olive, coconut and canola oil blend) will keep me high for about 9 hours. I am sure there are various ways and strains that could increase that well beyond my point of comfort. Just guessing here but this Simpson Oil is probably made to be as potent as possible for people that have severe pain and need to eat.

Anyway, the part that is the most healthy for you is in the raw leaves that is what I eat whole - not just juice but all of the plant matter. I don't get high from that at all...I get healthy. Cannabidiol (CBD) also in the plant has been shown to be very good for neurological diseases and actually helps to counteract psychoactive effects of THC. So, a person juicing cannabis to help with a neuro disorder would want a strain high in CBDA and low in THCA or at least a 50/50 mix if they are not wanting the weed high (in the case the plant was partially dried). CBD and other substances found in cannabis have been proven to be useful for a multitude of reasons.

In general making generalized statements about cannabis like, "That stuff wasn't supposed to make me high but it did" in the context of "Juicing Cannabis" should be monitored and used cautiously to avoid confusion for those seeking real information.

X->out :peace:

Great response - thanx! I may have created a minor misunderstanding - I know that dried cannabis, leaf or flower, will begin to decarb without heat! My (mis)understanding (I want to clarify) is this: Does not a juicing regimen require freshly-picked, flowering tops in large amounts (from 30 grams & upwards) juiced on a daily basis? My understanding was that anyone hoping to defeat a cancer or some other fake, so-called 'incurable' condition would need to be growing in-house or live nearby a grower AND be able to convince them to sell fresh daily! Please - I need clarification on this range of dosage!

I am a licensed grower, I have 4 Charlotte's web seedlings underway, but my appreciation for juicing is large! It is the impractical side of trying to take an ounce or two daily from a 1000 watt grow without putting all 4 plants into shock! Any further info will be appreciated and I would truly enjoy getting a PM from you! dave is my name & I am NOT a capitalist/criminal grower as are our "suppliers" here in Kanada!
I've read a lot about this "Juicing" subject and there seems to be some basic terms being mixed around which confuses people.

Raw Cannabis has THCA which is NOT psychoactive. Its the "A" part that keeps it from being psychoactive as long as the "A" is attached to the THC hence THCA.

A natural process called decarbolyxation occurs and the "A" is removed from the THCA making it - THC. For the purposes of being simple here I will say decarbolyxation is similar to drying, though the processes that occur on a molecular level are far more complex.

A fresh raw bud can have some THC without the "A" depending on the maturity and how long it has been since removed from the plant so a person juicing a bud could experience a little lift or faint high. What I mean is the bud could have some dried portions within it - likely on the outer edges where the crystals can be seen - since this is the most exposed area to air and most likely to have some decarbolyxation already occurring.

Oil on the other hand is a quite different matter. The mere mention of Oil in regard to cannabis means the cannabis has been decarbolyxated at or nearly 100%. This means the Oil ONLY has THC and NO THCA and a small amount of that Oil will make you high for hours-on-end possibly to the point of sickness if you are a light weight like me. For me a teaspoon of my Oil (heated Cannabis in a small pot of olive, coconut and canola oil blend) will keep me high for about 9 hours. I am sure there are various ways and strains that could increase that well beyond my point of comfort. Just guessing here but this Simpson Oil is probably made to be as potent as possible for people that have severe pain and need to eat.

Anyway, the part that is the most healthy for you is in the raw leaves that is what I eat whole - not just juice but all of the plant matter. I don't get high from that at all...I get healthy. Cannabidiol (CBD) also in the plant has been shown to be very good for neurological diseases and actually helps to counteract psychoactive effects of THC. So, a person juicing cannabis to help with a neuro disorder would want a strain high in CBDA and low in THCA or at least a 50/50 mix if they are not wanting the weed high (in the case the plant was partially dried). CBD and other substances found in cannabis have been proven to be useful for a multitude of reasons.

In general making generalized statements about cannabis like, "That stuff wasn't supposed to make me high but it did" in the context of "Juicing Cannabis" should be monitored and used cautiously to avoid confusion for those seeking real information.

Hey - xtrchessreal - The Q I need answered is this --} how much fresh weight will you use in your morning juice, how often daily (only once?) and what other forms of cannabis do you intake, or is juicing your only delivery M.O.?

Thanx, in advance and I could enjoy a private message!

Unproven but I'm positive that a 3% solution of food-grade hydrogen peroxide will safely wash/disinfect ANY plant material!
Hummm...

I'm growing more and more concerned about the risks of ingesting/absorbing raw vegetation, especially weed which has been exposed to potentially dangerous pathogens because it was cultivated outdoors with animals around, etc. Considering the "medecine" would be meant to help persons who already suffer from serious illness i fear there ain't too many ways to sterilize it and avoid decarboxylation at the same time. My guess is perhaps an extract made with heavily concentrated alcohol will get rid of contaminants by killing micro-organisms before the mixture is filtered and concentrated. Evaporation of the solvant at room temperature (or possibly even colder) is the main problem one might have to solve, IMHO. Compatible alternatives are most welcome under these circumstances.

Krusht2,

First let me say that ADHD is my only neurological disorder, I do not eat cannabis for that though it may help in some way. I am just trying to say that I know many people have some serious diseases that are life threatening and I don't equate myself to that category. I have plenty of respect for those that need this plant for a cure or at least to make their life easier.

I make vegan shakes using a VitaMix Creations II. I eat vegan because I have learned much knowledge about food and food products. I add the cannabis to my shake because it is as healthy as kale, spinach, brussle sprouts, etc, so there really isn't a reason not to add it. I grow weed as a hobby and my signif other has smoked it since birth, lol. So she knows good weed. But to your question how much do I add to my shake? I would say a good hand full out of the recycled plastic spinach containers I have. It sort of depends on how much I have on hand and sometimes we trim the mother plants directly. Otherwise we keep the trim from the harvest as long as possible in the fridge. I also make an oil blend for cookies when I want to get high. I don't like smoking it. Once a year I might hit a pipe the rest of the time I eat a cookie, or chocolate desert made with my oil and that is just occasionally. Mmm...I know I'm off topic but I just ate a cookie at 420 and I can feel the beginnings of it hitting me. I had a migrane. I may wander off...ha ha ha.

I have a vegan shake one to two times a day depending if I have a potato(e)/carrot/bean soup or something cooking all day for dinner. I do not eat any animals or byproducts of animals like milk, cheese, oils, but especially because of the animal proteins. Most people believe animal protein is good for them but my research and personal experience tells me it will kill 750K per year in the US alone those are CDC figures. There is just slightly less car accident rates. I have read that many cancers are related to animal consumption as well. The reason animal proteins are bad is it damages your Endothelial cells. These cells line your arteries and veins and one of their functions is to burp out a bubble of nitric oxide every few moments or so. The nitric oxide helps your blood to flow without resistance or drag along the walls of the vein. The way it does that is by allowing fats to flow along the walls as well. So a damaged endothelial cell stops producing the nitric oxide and this allows fats to begin to stick to the lining of your veins around that damaged cell. Thus a build up of fats creates higher blood pressures, slow blockages in nearly every organ in your body over time.

Then there processed foods which I don't eat, I see it essentially as a pharmaceutical grade product which leaves me pondering what sort of chemically manufactured processes are they using to make this thing? What dangerous mixtures are needed to filter out the final product? What is being left in the product as a direct result of the process? Many of these processed food cause an acidosis in your blood and a response to that by your body is to release calcium and possible others from bones and other organs where under stressed system. The liver is overwhelmed and puts fats in odd places including your liver Oddly Calcium is advertized by milk manufactures to be good for you but the reality is the animal proteins and fats in that milk are harming you. Read The China Study for more I'm losing my focus.

Tie the two things together and you basically have a national health problem.

Of course reading how vegetable proteins have so many benefits how could I not add cannabis to my diet especially home grown without pesticides that don't breakdown. Okay let me, see did I answer your question...well if I didn't let me know. Peacefully signing off, time to veg. :)

So Ive tried juicing cannabis primarily with sativa strains. I have always wondered how indica plants would taste and what effect they would have. Has anyone tried using any of the kush strains?

Also what is your favorite vegetable to mix with it when blending?

Back
Top Bottom