Juicing Cannabis

I am wondering why plants kept in vegetation (18+ hours light or even 24/7 light) over 90 days but are NOT allowed to flower or bud out (since we wont be needing those in the juicing context) would lose their levels of cannabadiol (CBD) concentrations?

My husband was also given a recomendation by a compassionate doctor so we can grow a total of 24 "immature" plants (legally) between us at the same time. Here in Calaveras County, the head of the Narcotics Division said that his definition (and his is the one that counts here) of "immature" is where the plants do not display any mature sticky buds...they are nowhere ready for harvesting. If we did let them bud out then we can only have a total of 12 plants between the two of us...or else he said to go back to the doctor and have him specify an exact number of plants needed for juicing written on the recommendation...not to exceed 99.

Twenty four vegetating plants might yield enough for daily juicing if the quantity of juice needed could be reduced by way of an alternate (better) delivery into the blood stream. That is why it is important for those who wish to juice their cannabis and who have no other means of getting additional fresh leaves on a regular basis to figure out the best way for delivery. I have only heard of orally, butt am wondering why the colon has not been a consideration for this as of yet (until it was just mentioned here recently by another poster).

Incidently, for those who use green tea (EGCG) as a treatment for many types of cancer, there are now EGCG suppositories available (expensive since made by a company and because you would need two of these @ 400 mg each a day). When taken orally, 90% of egcg is "lost" enroute to the blood stream because of stomach acids and liver processing, but 90% IS absorbed via colon. These suppositories can easily be made at home instead by using virgin coconut oil and opening and mixing capsules of powdered concentrates...then refrigerating as many as you feel like making. Powerful and easy.

So this led me to think of possibly using enema's for the delivery of (nonpsychoactive) cannabis juice instead, but need to talk to Dr. Courtney to see if there would be any reason that the colon would not be an acceptable place for the greater absorption of cannabis...this would greatly cut down the amount of cannabis juice needed.

Another thing for your consideration, if you are fortunate enough to get extra trim leaves from someone who grows organically, go ahead and juice them while they are fresh...then freeze it in ice cube trays for the times when there are not enough plants to use...just do not use heat to defrost them.

The other thing I am wondering is this...if CBD's are the most important factors for the success of cannabis to effectually produce healing by way of juicing (according to Dr. Courtney), then why does Rick Simpson place such an importance on high levels of THC (he can't be thinking of the nonpsychoactive THC-A since the heat he requires converts that to THC, and he ignores CBD's) when making "his" ingestable oil? Which is it? How can both of these "formulas" heal cancers since they are both so different? Here is a wild thought...could it be the plant chlorophylls that heal?

If 40 grams of leaves produce 9cc's of juice, that is equal to just a third of an ounce...the recommended oral dose according to Dr. Courtney. That is such a small dose, suitable for an "easy to tolerate" enema which would be easier than trying to build up to a gram of Simpson's oil which has all the CBD's destroyed by heating anyway. Some of us need to function and keep our brains sharp during the day at least...which the Simpson oil rules out (contrary to what he says)....because some of us are not tokers and never have been...nor do we have a toleration built up which could take months to do while still trying to function.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

A FEW THOUGHTS i juice leaves but differently, i take my leaves from all stages of the life cycle i trim throughout
throw them in a blender with ice and fruit green tea whatever i have at the time no recipe other than adding leaves i even add dried leaves if thats all i have, i call it the bid green drink lol,
also in regards to mature budded plants wouldn't it benefit to use budded plants as they have a much higher amount of all cannabinoids flavanoids etc? the thc in non psychoactive unless decarbed with heat right? if you grew a high cbd strain like cannatonic it seems that the part thats tested for the 16% level is the mature bud not vegatative leaf, just me thinking here we want the patient to get the highest amount of med possible right? i know i do when im juicing i use the whole plant from first trim to final harvest and i have noticed the buds i have blended in to my drink did not get me "high" (no heat decarbbin) makes sense to me since the highest concentration of all the cbds thcs etc reside at the top of the glandular trichome just inside the bulbous head on the stalk, food for thought heres a list you may find useful in your med creation
CANNABINOID, TURPENOID, AND FLAVOID PROPERTIES

?-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
Boiling point: 157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic

cannabidiol (CBD)
Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

Cannabinol (CBN)
Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Oxidation, breakdown, product, Sedative, Antibiotic

cannabichromene (CBC)
Boiling point: 220*C / 428 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

cannabigerol (CBG)
Boiling point: MP52
Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

?-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (?-8-THC)
Boiling point: 175-178*C / 347-352.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Resembles ?-9-THC, Less psychoactive, More stable Antiemetic

tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV)
Boiling point: < 220*C / <428 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Analgesic, Euphoriant

Terpenoid essential oils, their boiling points, and properties

ß-myrcene
Boiling point: 166-168*C / 330.8-334.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Analgesic. Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antimutagenic

ß-caryophyllene
Boiling point: 119*C / 246.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, Cytoprotective (gastric mucosa), Antimalarial

d-limonene
Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Cannabinoid agonist?, Immune potentiator, Antidepressant, Antimutagenic

linalool
Boiling point: 198*C / 388.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Sedative, Antidepressant, Anxiolytic, Immune potentiator

pulegone
Boiling point: 224*C / 435.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Memory booster?, AChE inhibitor, Sedative, Antipyretic

1,8-cineole (eucalyptol)
Boiling point: 176*C / 348.8 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: AChE inhibitor, Increases cerebral, blood flow, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antiviral, Antiinflammatory, Antinociceptive

a-pinene
Boiling point: 156*C / 312.8 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, Bronchodilator, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antineoplastic, AChE inhibitor

a-terpineol
Boiling point: 217-218*C / 422.6-424.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Sedative, Antibiotic, AChE inhibitor, Antioxidant, Antimalarial

terpineol-4-ol
Boiling point: 209*C / 408.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: AChE inhibitor. Antibiotic

p-cymene
Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antibiotic, Anticandidal, AChE inhibitor

Flavonoid and phytosterol components, their boiling points, and properties

apigenin
Boiling point: 178*C / 352.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Anxiolytic, Antiinflammatory, Estrogenic

quercetin
Boiling point: 250*C / 482 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antioxidant, Antimutagenic, Antiviral, Antineoplastic

cannflavin A
Boiling point: 182*C / 359.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: COX inhibitor, LO inhibitor

ß-sitosterol
Boiling point: 134*C / 273.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, 5-a-reductase, inhibitor

i hope this helps i believe that where ever this plant came from its no accident humans use it and are attracted to it like moths to a flame, everything about it seems as if it was created to attract us to it its look ,smell and effects are second to none, if its god,aliens,nature that put it here i know in my heart of hearts its here for us exclusivly, good luck with your quest for a cure, i believe you found it:peace::love::Namaste:

Sweetz from what I have read it is best to juice mature budding plants to achieve the full amount of CBD and THC in its raw form.. Juicing an immature plant will not have close to the levels of CBD or THC that a mature plant would have and that is what you are looking for.

This to me sounds amazing and just shows how truly wonderful this plant is.. Taken that we are smoking a plant with fire or heat and it is still giving us positive attributes. Think about the possibilities this plant holds raw & in its natural stage.

THC doesn't occur until you apply heat.

I have heard several opinions on when to harvest... most say immature plants but I was also told to harvest in the budding stage just before maturity.

It would be very cost beneficial to growers if we didn't have to go through the budding stage ... there doesn't seem to be any consensus when t harvest..and that is a bit troubling..

Is there another source of Juicing info other than Dr. Courtney ?

Grassy

THC & CBD are not able to be absorbed in your bloodstream for psychoactive purposes unless it is heated into a vapor or is heated and applied with a fat or oil. We are not talking about psychoactive purposes we are talking about mineral and nutrient qualities

What we are talking about is your stomach lining absorbing minerals and nutrients from the raw cannabis you have ingested. It sounds like from what the video said they are seeking cannabis with high leaves of CBD like the one in Spain called Canatonic.. Canatonic along with all Cannabis plants do not develop THC and CBD until they are flowering and bud is produced.

In the video linked above she is cutting cannabis leaves off budded plants. Just going by what I see and what they are saying

"Canatonic along with all Cannabis plants do not develop THC and CBD until they are flowering and bud is produced."

No. No maturing nor heat is required to release the cbd in the herb. All leaves have cbd.

Previously in this post , 2 members stated that Dr. Courtney recommends using immature plants. I believe they said 70-90 days of life would achieve the optimum CBD. I have read otherwise but none has done the research that I have found...most, if not all, is all anecdotal. Knowing which way is best could save $$$$$s and speed up harvest if you are a small grow.

The only way to find out the cbd of your plant is to have it tested. The 11% is what they got growing in their way at that time. If I grew it today, the numbers may be quite different. Their are other now claiming higher cbd. It still is all about THC but cbd is becoming important.

If i drink raw cannabis juice, will the marijuana stay in my blood stream/ or system? say for instance, if i have an up coming drug screen test, will i pass? will it show up?

This should help answer some important questions. Blessings.
6/19/12 Follow up from Dr. G:

I would like to share with everyone an interesting and informative message I received from Jeffrey C. Raber, Ph.D. (thewercshop.com). Please read below:

When you consume "raw" cannabis, that is cannabis which has not been heated, you are consuming the cannabinoid acids. THCA and/or CBDA. If you have a strain that is dominant in CBD, then the raw form is delivering CBDA. If you have a high THC strain, then this raw form will deliver THCA. Look up tetrahydrocannabinolic acid, or cannabidiolic acid. Those are the A forms of the molecules you are consuming.

Almost all varieties today contain large amounts of THCA which when heated provides THC. By volume (it is reported by weight actually), there is next to no CBDA or CBD in virtually all of the strains currently available. NOT ALL STRAINS ARE THE SAME! EVEN THE SAME NAMES ARE MOST OFTEN NOT THE SAME (mis-named, different grower = different method = different end product)! Over-generalization of this marvelous plant is what is diminishing its stock and ruining the value it has to offer. We've done thousands of strain tests and have in-house expertise directly from The Netherlands, we are the most informed laboratory of professional scientists in the US, you can rest assured my comments are correct.

Only about 2% of the strain products available today have CBD above 1 wt% in them. It is RARE! And most likely almost none of it exists in non-medical states today.

Juicing is working because it provides the cannabinoid acids, which are potent anti-inflammatory compounds that help regulate the endocannabinoid system in ways not fully understood just yet. When you juice properly, you consume almost no THC or CBD, it is all THCA and CBDA! That is why you don't receive any psychoactive effects. Juicing improperly may lead to heating the solution and causing THC to form. The only way to know exactly what you have, strain or juice wise, is to have it tested by a reliable and accurate lab (and not all of the "labs" today operate in that faction either unfortunately).

Only through accurate information dissemination, more thorough understanding and improved patient care will we be able to fully free this marvelous plant! We all have to do our part! Dr. Courtney, who we maintain an excellent relationship with, is a true pioneer in the fashion and we should all aim to support him and his efforts in every way we can. Let's be sure to get the right information out there to everyone!

I just tried some leaves with carrots and a little lemon in the blender, was very tasty. Too soon to know if there are benefits but plan to keep trying fresh juice for a while.

I would suggest reading a book called Back to Eden by 'Kloss' for basic understanding of health. I would suggest these books called Skinny Bitch or Skinny Bastard by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin these books allow you to see what is going on with your food with insights and real knowledge about the AG industry, USDA, FDA, AMA, and why you might be sick in the first place.

I juice cannabis whole, raw, and fresh using a Vita Mix, I eat the whole thing not just the juice, in a shake, usually add many other good things like kale, flax seed, chia seed, sesame seed, almonds, pecans, grapes, apples, bananas, oranges and limes with the peel. THCA will not get you high if you do not heat it or cause the acid to leave the bond to THC by allowing it to dry, heat, or processed in some manner that causes Decarbolyxation. From Wikipedia:Upon heating, Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinolic acid decarboxylates to give the psychoactive compound Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol.

I am a vegan and stay away from gluten as well as any processed foods including white flour, sugar, whey, casein, milk, butter, cheese, eggs, coffee, etc. and of course any living being that walks crawls or swims.

The endothelial cells that line the inside of your veins and blood vessels create nitric oxide gas which acts as a lubricant for your blood cells to pass easily - animal proteins (not fats) damage the endothelial cells which causes the nitric oxide to slow and even stop - this allows cholesterol and other trans fats to begin to build up. Bottom line many other organ and system failures can develop.

Look up some Doctors, Caldwell Esselstyn, T. Colin Campbell, and "The China Study" and a documentary "Forks Over Knives" for more information. Gary Null is also a good source of nutritional info.

I haven't had so much as a cold or any virus for several years, all I do is eat and I lose weight without even exercising, unless you call walking my dog exercise.

I just pulled some males out of the garden tonight, sliced off the leaves and filled a large camping sized cooler which lasts me a couple weeks refrigerated.

I hope this helps some good people
:peace:X

Hi everyone
Ive just come across this jucing cannabis info and am just blown away from all ive read and watched.
Ive smoked weed for 16yrs. 12yrs of that is now daily use. I was recently diagnosed with a rare spinal disease that has no cure. Syringomyelia. I suffer from cronic neck/back pain with muscle spasms. Neuropathic pain down both arms/legs. Nausea due to bad headaches. The list goes on. I am licenced to use cannabis. It helps my pain and sleep. I am so pumped to start juicing in 6wks when I get my leaves. Just finalizing up my decision on what juicer I want. Anyone else have suggestions who juice cannabis?
I will post updates!
HAPPY JUICING
:yummy:

Hi everyone
Ive just come across this jucing cannabis info and am just blown away from all ive read and watched.
Ive smoked weed for 16yrs. 12yrs of that is now daily use. I was recently diagnosed with a rare spinal disease that has no cure. Syringomyelia. I suffer from cronic neck/back pain with muscle spasms. Neuropathic pain down both arms/legs. Nausea due to bad headaches. The list goes on. I am licenced to use cannabis. It helps my pain and sleep. I am so pumped to start juicing in 6wks when I get my leaves. Just finalizing up my decision on what juicer I want. Anyone else have suggestions who juice cannabis?
I will post updates!
HAPPY JUICING
:yummy:
I use a VitaMix Creations II, IMO the best out there and the best customer service for warranty issues as well. You can get a better deal by going through QVC than you can buying it direct. It has a 5 year warranty - I think because a lot of people think they are going to start juicing or making veggie shakes whatever but then it ends up just sitting on the counter of the kitchen - so they can afford the great warranty. My sig other and I use it twice a day for several years now, we had one minute hard to see crack beginning in the blending container. It wasn't really doing anything, there was no leaking or anything like that but, just in case we called up customer service. They ask ed how they can help and we said we have a minute crack...she asked for our purchasing info and said they would send another one out that day. We did not have to send them back the old one or anything like that. Then when we got it we were surprised to see the entire new container with a new top, blade assembly, a veggie smasher (thing you use to push your veggies down with) So, now we have two containers that are usable one brand new in a box and the original. Honestly we were not trying to take advantage. Anyway, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

You can cook with this thing too, it spins so fast the friction can actually make things boil. So they provide a cook book with some great recipes, some are vegan.

We use fresh cannabis leaves and bud as part of our vegan diet. We make our own almond milk, choc almond shakes without any dairy milk, and many other things. I was a meat and taters person because I couldn't stand the textures of many veggies and fruits. Then my sig other got me trying a fresh fruit juice, slowly she added three spinach leaves then five or six. Next thing I know I'm tellin' her to put handfuls. Now I have a shake every morning that includes flax seed, chia seed, oats, raw almonds, raw pecans, raw sunflowers seed, handful of spinach, handful of parsley, handful of fresh cannabis, an apple, an orange, black grapes with seeds if you can find them, a ripe banana, sometimes carrots... The top has to be forced on there is so much stuff in there. Then we add municipal tap water - not bottled water - and spin the thing up into a smoothie. It is not pulpy or grainy.

You are going learn a lot about nutrition. As part of that process you will grow to hate Monsanto, the FDA, USDA, various Ag associations and even the EPA. Then you are going to see how all of these combine to feed you poison unless you really do your research. You will also see how these have combined to ruin our environment for the whole globe. Or maybe it is just me that sees these things I don't know.

About the water thing, municipal water has strict controls and must test the water several times a day in many cases. Bottle water corporations have a loophole around this from the FDA. It is as simple as this: If the blank water corporation sells 60% of its water within the state it pulls the water from the FDA cannot regulate them at all. And since they are not a municipal water department they do not have to do any testing or filtering either. Further the plastic bottle leaches toxins in small doses into the water. These toxins have been proven independently to cause many illnesses including neurological disorders. I believe the source of that information was from several documentary films on water I have seen. I also have two siblings that work in municipal water treatment plants. Plastic of course does not break down. There are two gigantic whirl pools, miles wide, of plastic swirling around in the Pacific ocean.

Anyway I got off track there, The VitaMix Creations II would be my choice. They have other versions of the same thing but the Creations II does not have the pulse button. Neither of us, my sig other nor I can figure why a person would want to hold a pulse button down, to us it is just bells and whistles for a higher price.

Vitamix Creations II is a great juicing/blender. I have used it for years.

Edited for: Well the above post was not showing posted so I posted a shorter version. Sorry for the double emphasis. I refreshed my page many times and it did not show it. Anyway nuff said.

Back
Top Bottom