Junior growthman

Rey del Fenix

Good evening, afternoon, mourning what ever time it is where you are while reading this. I joined because I am a fan of the miracle plant known as cannabis. I'm soo much of a fan that I even taken it a step further by attempting to grow my own supply. Not only because I need something to keep me busy and sane but because its a very expensive habit that starts catching up after awhile, but we all know that. My plant is no bigger than my pinky and I know I'm gonna need experienced advice for this project so what better place to get it than a forum for the biggest weed magazine that I know of. So I know there's sooo many diffrent approaches to indoor growing but for now I can only take the cheap road, after all this is the reason I'm growing my own supply. Youtube has many ideas that are within my price range, so far plan A is the cardboard grow box. I've done and am still doing lots of research on this personal project. I think I've done more research on this than any highschool project I had way back when, but I'm still open to ideas and advice from pro growers. Plz assist me with useful info.

Hey Rey welcome to :420:...well honestly there are the first steps to consider still....are you in a safe place...roommates...children...?.. Second.....your space?....how big is your space?....really a small box wont do it....third...the smell....a major deal breaker for most newbies.....if you don't have means to scrub the air inside your grow area your in big trouble with...( roommates, children, neighbors, thieves).....and then there's Time and Patience...do you have time to grow a few plants?....spend alot of time tending and caring for these girls....and patience.....who's got that....typically your first grow never crops....15% only finish the first time...and 8% of that dry and cure right....I would be awesome if one of your buddies had a small set up for you to look at....or a local shop too....IT TAKES MONEY TO MAKE MONEY.....i was a newbie once and it wasn't easy....or cheap...good luck

First let me start by saying I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Ok, place; apartment, roommates; none, kids one for now that is only month old, space; a 12.5x13.5 spare room that's usually where I keep my dog in a cage when she pisses me off. I had my wife bring a box and I agree for most plants that won't do at all my next intention was getting a huge box from uhual and I mean HUGE. I know they have them cuz I've seen this guy I used to work with one day with a stupid huge box, but anyways the room has a window facing the street behind a tree or two so the smell can be tolerated for this one plant. I only plan on doing one at a time for now. I do have a friend down the street growing his plant in his closet, his plant is in the flowering stage and its about maybe 2 feet tall I wish I had a pic to show, I never seen a live plant while flowering so I was in aww. I'm bout to asking him for a clone. But I do have time and I married so I have patience. I completely agree it takes money to make money and I have some money to blow. I think Im more dedicated towards this than have been towards anything for awhile so I am gonna finish. One more thing... what does the term flushing mean and I how do I do it.

Ha sounds good ....uhaul does has the like closet clothes boxes...and patience you then have...one plant will still smell pretty bad....flushing is refered to when your have to rinse through an amount of water into your medium to remove built up salts and nutrients....a plant will show signs of stoppage and deficiency and will require a washing of sorts for your medium so the roots can again start to take in nutes...roots need to be clean...hope this helps..

I'm sorry if this sounds re re but is the medium the water catch I have under my pot?

Oh sorry my man I was at work all day....ok hey no questions is dumb here...your medium is your soil....clay .....perlite...manure...what ever it's rooting in....that bottom dooHickey...is a water catch for the pot...so you don't leak all over....word

No worries man, I'm just happy I found a place that would answer my questions. I was considering putting banana peels in my soil once I transfer to a bigger pot. It has the nutrients as far as potassium and glucose, another thing I read about was molasses. Like I said before I only have so much doe to work with I really can't afford to waste money. What do you think about that

Well my man I personally wouldn't put things like a dead banana peels into my mediums....it's just screaming for Insects....the molasses is ok...it will supply a better source of sugars.....I understand the no money my man....

Someone told me that along time ago about the banana peels but I thought that's what fly paper was for but I think now i ma go with molasses. What's the point of asking for advice if you don't take it. Another thing, I read a thread on here about light poisoning and how it hemaphrodites your plant and makes it self pollinate to produce feminsed seeds. Have you heard or tried that.

Well hermies....I've had .... And ....NO....I don't like them....I have had a heat problem a time or two here in the AZ desert......an it will hermie your crops...AND ...hell I've got plenty of seeds now...yah alot of my boyz here on :420:....swear by the molasses...so give it a shot....ive got a bottle of it too......Word

Alright so I picked up my box today and I think its big enough but again this is my first grow so let me know what you think........ I don't know how to post picks to this thread if not too much trouble just go to my profile.

I use my iPhone so I can't do pics ...there is a how to post pics thread on this site.... Hopefully someone like fratdogg will see this and toss you the link..word

Its funny you should say that cause I use my driod, the pic of the box under my profile. Ill post another when I finish pimpin the box out

My sprout is about two weeks old how do I know when its time to switch the light to flowering hours

You know I usually switch mine at 40 days......gives them long enough for LSTing and sexing.....if I were at two weeks I would at least give them 2-4 more weeks in veg....

Ok... Also I really appreciate you helping me like this, you've been a big help. One more thing what strains do you grow and where do you get your seeds from cuz I've been checking out several sites and I have a wish list but I'm a bit skeptical. That and the doe is low once again, but once it up again I'm stocking up.

2011-12-31_09_51_21.jpg

this is my result for my grow box

Back
Top Bottom