Just A Lighting Question

indochronic

Right i have 2 photos under a mars hyro 96x3, along with autos to. iv made a small room just for the 2 photos for there flowering.
But i plant on putting a 250W (actually watts) 2700K CFL in there for the 12/12 will this be any different for them in a bad way? i was just thinking couse the led is 300W and the CFL is 250W but gives out more ( something like 550-600W equivlent i think) is this right about the CFL and actually being around 550W ?
i was never sure about this and how much it was really giving:)

CFL wattage is 250. And that's it.

The "EQUIVALENT WATTAGE" is only so people can replace an incandescent bulb with a CFL of a similar brightness.

Incandescents cannot effective grow plants, so that equivalent number is useless for our purposes.

As for adding the CFL, providing correct distances are maintained, I don't see it harming your plants.

If you allredy have the CFL you can add it, why not? but I wouldn't spend my money on such a light. Better save for a HPS witch will defenetly have a good impact, or some T5 on the sides of the room if you grow verticaly. 250w on a cfl is waste of electricity..

Right so there only gonna be under 250W:thumb: That seems alright then the space is small so hopefully the light illuminates a bit better.
If needs bee i can add some blue CFL 125W if that will help in flowering them ?
I already have a couple of CFLs man some bannd new. Id love a hps for flower the results are great iv seen and il only be flowering 2 or 3 plants and in a small space so the HPS might be a heat issue and eletcric use is too but i supoose 250w CFL is gona use them same as 250W HPS:)

Whats up :420:
Need a bit of help with LED and PAR. I already have a MarsHydro Reflector 200w and now im looking to get a 400w for a good price too.
I was thinking MarsII 400W, but iv seen other new LEDs with a more bluey purple, rather then a pinky purple and things like different types of chips etc. Iv seen a few good makes and people on 420 trying them out i just cant find the journals with different makes of LED tested in them, if anyone has a good link on that :) Apollo seem to come up abit when i search on google but other then that i can drecide a genuiunely good one for my MJ ladies :D

Whats up :420:
Need a bit of help with LED and PAR. I already have a MarsHydro Reflector 200w and now im looking to get a 400w for a good price too.
I was thinking MarsII 400W, but iv seen other new LEDs with a more bluey purple, rather then a pinky purple and things like different types of chips etc. Iv seen a few good makes and people on 420 trying them out i just cant find the journals with different makes of LED tested in them, if anyone has a good link on that :) Apollo seem to come up abit when i search on google but other then that i can drecide a genuiunely good one for my MJ ladies :D

I can only give my experience which is with CFLs and Mars-Hydro LEDs. I started CFLs and the heat was a problem during the summer. I then got 2 Mars-Hydro 400s. One for flower one for veg in my small 2x2' and 2x3' spaces. When I got my tents I put the 2 400s in one and a 900 in the other. They are doing great with no heat issues. (I do use a 440cfm fan that puts the air from both tents.) I am very happy with my Mars-Hydro lights and would order them again. Feel free to check out my journals. :peace:

nice going man :) yea the Cfls can get quite hot, i wouldnt like to know the issues with hid and hps in summer in a not so well vented room:O
I use CFL aswell with my 300W LED, just one 150w extra blue during veg and red for flower.
And im curruntly flowering 3 photo bagseds under 250W red CFL and ther doing very well concidering they got a rough start :)
Iv been watching Medical growing vids online to see how the best of the best is growen and theres certin profesional high quality room with half great PAR LEDs and half quality HPS beside them.
The PAR avrage was roughly 650-700 with HPS and 850-900 with LEDs.
They say the plants are happier under LEDs and so thats why im look for another afordible newer one:)
MJ loves loads of light compaired to other plants for great yields and since led are the new thing doing the job just as well if not better, i defo need to up my Watt to atleast 600W total including the 200W i have (300w actual output) :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom