just a quick question

dutchpalma

k so i pretty much self diagnosed myself with depersonalization disorder and im sure it was brought out from the weed i smoked one night( i know the weed didnt CAUSE it but it brought it out ) and since then ive been smoking once a week and the day after i smoke i feel kinda high but the rest of the week i feel kinda good.....this weekend i couldnt get any weed and now i feel like shit and my DP is acting up real bad, like i'll do something or walk somewhere, then sit and think " what the fuck did i just do"..anyway, my question is should i continue to smoke every weekend or should i just quit permantly and try to get better...also im not going to the dr.s cause they're just going to give me pills and have me walking around like a f'ing zombie and i dont want that...i appreciate every answer and opinion!:thanks::rollit:

Go to the doctor and see what they say. You don't have to take their pills. Actually, you should probably see a therapist.

From Wiki: Depersonalization Disorder is thought to be largely caused by severe traumatic lifetime events including childhood sexual, physical, and emotional abuse, accidents, war, and torture.

Wiki considers Cannabis use a potential mitigating factor - it can lessen the bad effects. Similarly, intense physical or emotional stimulation and relaxation are said to help.

If your brain got wired wrong during early development due to emotional trauma you can learn to rewire it with cognitive therapy. Early childhood trauma can affect your whole life in a negative way without you even knowing it. Once you understand what's going on you can learn to think differently and your whole life can change for the better. It may be pretty simple to do, too.

I'm no expert, but I am sincere. Find an expert.

if the bud is makin your problems worse and your mind more eratic stop smokin, i agree with freak. i had a long run with depression, bud helped me and i needed pills for a while or i wouldnt be around.

bud doesnt worsen it it actually helps it, but being that weed brought it out, i wasnt sure if it was psycologically safe..

Keep in mind that the person that diagnosed you with depersonalization disorder is not a doctor. Listen to FreakNature, he is giving you good advise.

i diagnosed myself everything i read about i have, just as as severe, the doctor is going to tell me the same thing that i read on the net, only thing is he is going to charge me alot of $$$ cause i dont have insurance

Back
Top Bottom