Just another LED Q

indochronic

whats upp 420!! im planing on getting a led pannel soon, i realize theres a couple of good sponsors on this site like advanced led and budmaster. 2 things is, anyoneone would be abit weary about ordering lights/ bulbs in shipping due to fragle parts and the second thing is what brands are good for bulb replacements and the likes (instead of buying a hole new pannel). Iv been at me local grow shop recently and they have newly got in one led pannel, budmaster and its about €1000 at 600w. I think. Anyway thats abit much for me and knowing il have to spend more money soon or that price again when it dies :/ so i was woundering what ones are good whattage for about 4-6 plant, safe shipping and relitivy cheap or if single pannel bulbs can be replaced. Cheers :peace:

Re: Just another LED Q..

I wasn't weary at all. My light arrived safely, packaged securely, and works perfectly.

I'd suggest diodes are replaced with the same type, so that question would depend on which manufacturer, and what diodes they use.

As for the plants, if you have an idea how much area they'll fill in, you can look at the coverage numbers listed with each light. As long as it covers the area, you should be plenty good.

Thats good to hear :) iv just always been a bit dodge about ordeing bulbs and the likes since there so fragile. yea il have to look up the avrage coverage ara for the avrage watt. and see what watts best for the 6 plants:D and i see ur using led's urself what brands do u rekomend or what have u heard is good ? thanks again man

Well I'm using TopLED, and I haven't used LEDs from our other sponsors, but seeing that they're all sponsors, and we have grow journals for almost all of them, I'd trust any one of their lights in my grows. I can't recommend anyone specifically, but I can say that I don't regret buying my light from TopLED, and my plant is loving it so far.

And the packaging is that dense spongy foam material for the light I bought. It went from China, to the US, then to me, and didn't get any damage at all. I assume all of our sponsors package their lights securely as well, since I haven't read anyone complaining about it.

Bulbs can be iffy to ship, but when packed properly, there is no problem with them either.

yeah damn right. the pannels are only new here so the prices will drop over time and hopefully my local store get 150w-200w pannels instead of that big 600 or 800w yoke they have now. are u using led now betsylee11?

Why wait for your local store to carry them? The sponsors have them in stock now.

right iv been looking about at leds and im finding it hard to find the right one thats not to dear and is around 200-250W. i seen a couple on ebay for a reasonable price and wattage that im looking for. any one using or can point me to a 200 to even 300w led for aorund 200-300€€ ? :Namaste: Indo

Hey Indo!

We could definitely help you out and we ship to the EU all the time.

Rather than look at wattage, what size space are you trying to cover?

Remember that wattage draw does not equal growing power or light output when you're dealing with LED panels. You can have one LED panel that draws half as much power as another and puts out more power. You need to look at the individual panel with regards to output and spectrum.

With a 5ft high grow box, once you subtract the width of the light, and the distance between the light and canopy (most users suggest 18"-24" here), you're looking at about 36 inches. From that 36 inches, you'll need to subtract the height of the pot, and subtract the distance between the light and the top of the cabinet.

This is only going to afford you about 18"-24" maximum plant height.

whats up :) Lovely stuff:thumb: il be having about 4-6 plants in a 4 x 3 x 5ft high home made box with a little bit of side light, t5 tubes and cfls. thanks for the info :peace:

Very nice!

For that space, we would recommend either our P450 :: Platinum Grow Lights or P300 :: Platinum Grow Lights unit. Either one would give you the great results as many on the board are having with them.

The P450 is a 450w max/278w avg draw unit with 11-bands of goodness that really produces.. as the PAR values are higher than lights using twice the power. This is why we say that it's not about the watts consumed.. it's about the quality of spectrum produced and the PAR rating for the brightness/intensity of that spectrum. This light will give you results that par with a 600w HPS while consuming half the power and generating a fraction of the heat.

420 member Curso recently pulled 1.75lbs from one plant with 2 x P450s in a 4x4 tent.. check it out here: LED and High Brix

Or, skip straight to the harvest photos here: Curso's True High Brix!

The P300 is a 300w max/185w unit that's great for cabinet grows as it runs ultra cool and efficient for it's size with plenty of power to really produce for it's size. For this reason, it's our most popular unit and equal to about 400w of HPS power give or take.

Now.. if you REALLY want to get crazy.. the P600 :: Platinum Grow Lights would fit right down that 4' line. This would be the ultimate in that space. 368w of average draw, but output that will rival around 800w-ish worth of HPS light.. give or take. The main advantage is coverage.. as with that 36" long panel, you're able to hit every single corner of everything in that 4' long tent.

Here's last months 420 Magazine plant of the month winner, Tavosvo running 2 x P600s in a 4x4 tent: PakaloloHawaii's LED High Brix Garden

Keep in mind that all of our lights come with a 5 year complete warranty with a full 90 day money back no questions asked guarantee. We're also here to help in any way with all aspects of the grow either by phone, website chat or email.

This should give you some things to think about! Let us know if we can help.

:high-five:

They look like nice lights :) thanks for the info:thumb: i like the way theres a veg and flower switch option on the side, ( even more energy saving:D) but a little pricey + the shipping. Amazing results with that grow WOW, wouldnt mind that cloths horse haha.

Im looking at MarsII Led Form TopLed Lights. Has Anyone had experience with the MarsII Led 400W?? and how many plants did u have under it ? all comments welcome :peace:

Well.. think of it in terms of the price difference between a quality light and a lesser quality, cheaper light. Then.. equate what extra you would have to yield in order for the difference to be made up.

Remember too that wattage draw does not equate to growing power or intensity

Food for thought. Carry on.. :peace:

:Namaste:

Yea i see where ur coming from im just doing abit of research and filling with info on leds. And u never know ill probley end up getting a platinum LED, In all fairness urs looks the job, with the veg/ flower switch. and 11band spectrum. could u give me a price in euro for the P300 including shipping and do you guys stock in the uk ? Cheers for ur info and support man:goodjob:

Cheers!

While we don't stock in the EU, we do ship there all the time using only express shipping which takes about 5-7 days from order to doorstep. We charge just an extra $40 for the shipping which really doesn't cover it, only help defray it a bit on our end. With the forum discount and shipping, you would be at EU$316.

Our drivers are also 110v-220v auto switching so we include the EU cord or any other international cord for that matter..

Back
Top Bottom