Led lights topled

I would not use the LED for the first 10 days at least. I have started seedings under the 96x3 and they stretch. Last run I started under CFL's and switched to the LED only after a couple of weeks. Much better results.

Both two good answers and from experience aswell. this is why i ask these kinda questions, it works both ways sometimes and i suppose il have to test it for myself maby see if i can stop the strech on the babys without moving the light to close or see how well they grow with cfls at the start .It will be intresting to see. be nice if it wasnt so complicated and there was just the one good way. thanks peps :Namaste::peace:

Different light, different characteristics. I'm using the TopLED though. If you put that light too close the spectrums won't integrate. From my experience you wouldn't want to go any closer than fourteen inches. Check out Antics current grow. He is using the TopLED too.

My 2 96's are basically the equivalent of your 192 I guess :)

I was using an HPS. I have done a couple of full LED grows but now I'm adding the HPS back in between the two TopLED's. I'm hoping to get the best of both worlds :thumb:

sounds about right:) sweet id say u should get nice yields with the HPS and LED. i was looking at ur 3rd N.L grow nice plants :high-five: i was thinking about trying photo seeds soon, and u got them to a nice size not to big or not to small :cheesygrinsmiley: how long did u veg them for ruffly ? im gona have to read abit about the 12/12 cycle as iv only growen auto so far:peace:

I've been vegging 6-8 weeks but mostly they are smaller than I plan. Current grow I got almost zero stretch under the LED's, which in a way is good 'cause the nodes are really tight, but I should have vegged maybe two weeks longer to get the size I wanted. My biggest plants were 14" at flip and are only 19" now at 4 weeks flowering. I'm switching to more of a soilless configuration next time to try and get much faster growth in veg. 3 3 footers is my goal for the next one.

Personally i don't think vertical height is what you should look for in a plant. If you can LST, defol and top a plant so it is short, wide and stocky, i can't see any reason why this isn't preferable, especially under LED where height is always an issue if you want the spectrums to work together. My plants are at least twice as wide as they are tall.

P1150680.JPG

Also, i grew under LED straight from seed, and had hardly any stretch at all, which was great. I'm using the Mars IIs by the way,

Back
Top Bottom