Just flipped to 12/12, how much should I clear off the branches?

tallboy2023

First timer. How much should I defoliate the lower parts of the branches? There is a picture below of a lower branch for reference. Do I trim now or wait until stretch is done?

DD56FB5B-9118-4B34-A818-D70D17A9EDD1.jpeg

2779D0BA-9065-469F-B481-D06D147D9CCA.jpeg

2EEC5CAE-BED5-4F34-8B39-EC901BAB3DD6.jpeg

If you have the space i would ask why tbh just take the popcorn that wont see the light.
But IF it was me in my space here is a pic and i would prob take side weak looking branches also.
Also your find great advice on this forum but the best advice i could give you.
Never just take and run with what the first person said this time that being me wait for others to chime in :)

Yur ladies look healthy cant see you having any issues after a trim.
Most of the time its people with space issues or trying hard to grow a few monster colas.
That go with a heavy trim before flip then one arround 2/3 weeks into flower.
And also keep trimming tucking all of flower i feel you have a big space there.
For your lady to grow into. Just rememberr leaves = solar panel = large buds ;)

I am on my second row but the thing I like about leaving lower growth and not defoliating too much is for potential deficiencies down the road. Those leaves will provide nutrients to the buds. Just don't have too high humidity if you're going to leave a lot of leaves on the bottom. Good luck and trust your gut.

If you have the space i would ask why tbh just take the popcorn that wont see the light.
But IF it was me in my space here is a pic and i would prob take side weak looking branches also.
Also your find great advice on this forum but the best advice i could give you.
Never just take and run with what the first person said this time that being me wait for others to chime in :)

Magnificent looking plants simply beautiful.

This is my first grow ever. I've learned so much. Couple big things I've learned. One, it's possible to have too many tops. I trained the hell out of my girls to get as many tops as possible. As a result it spread the love around so much that the tops never got huge. Second, don't defoliate too much, especially in flower. I stripped them and it definitely stalled them out a bit. Still going to be an amazing harvest with amazing quality. Especially for my first time. Couldn't be happier. Chopping in the next few days 👍🏼

Back
Top Bottom