i will be adding on and off switch to front with a led light
DSCF04983.JPG

some more pics of how it was put together
DSCF05012.JPG
DSCF05001.JPG
DSCF04992.JPG
DSCF04971.JPG
that is a 50 ml patron bottle that i made my whip with

good idea, but what is your heat source? if that brass fitting gets too warm you might end up smoking some of that wood or the plastic coating on the jar lid. other than that very cool.

heat is 120 volt 20 watt halogen bulb
its a caning jar u boil jar in water should hold up ok and how brass sits in the wood sould be fine i too 1/2 in brass with 3/4 bottom drilled 1/2 all the way thou and then hafe way down for 15/16th so brass dosnt touch wood

thinking of adding something els between the wood and brass fitting after 5 bulls wood starts to get to hot any ideas? as of know the lid is not very hot

ok STOP using it right away, plywood is made by GLUING many layers together. if the wood is getting hot you are SMOKING the glue (VERY TOXIC)!!! i would suggest using a piece of REAL wood something HARD like oak or maple for the top (where the lid is screwed to). that way if you do inhale a little smoke from the wood it wont be very bad for you, like smoking through a wooden pipe.
Also I would still be a little worried about the plastic coating on the mason jar lid where the brass fitting is touching it.
hope this helps, Drew

not used it scene that day got it to hot only the wood the lid never hot i can touch it all day with the back of my hand thinking of making the hole bigger and just putting brass on a mount

Borosilicate, A.K.A Pyrex- its used to insure purity in chemistry, and in my opinion the ideal material for vaporizing. That combined with a completely ceramic heating element.

Back
Top Bottom