Just smoked my Himalayan Gold

avalanche

I have to report that i have officially enjoyed the benefits of all of the hard 80 days from seed to harvest on my Himalayn Gold!
I had put my buds into mason jars to cure and after only 6 days they smelled and felt like I should give one a try.
I can only say that it was as smooth as I have ever had and there was no coughing or harshness at all.
The Himalyan gold from Greenhouse seed comp was very
clear headed and a high energy high. I didnt feel locked into the couch or anything, just laughing and having a ball with a friend. I have to thank you guys for the pictures of trichomes and what effect they will have at what color stage they are in. I think I hit it right on target with the effects I wanted.
I was honestly shocked that I was able to enjoy after such a short time.
My 10 plants totaled 12 quart mason jars filled to the brim. I of course will continue curing for another month and see the difference time will make.
I feel so spoiled that I will be a ganja snob.
I have just put Arjan Ultra Haze #1, Super Lemon Haze, Bubba Kush and Dinafems deep sweet grapefruit into flower so in 13 weeks we will be posting new results.
Thanks for all the advice and keep on posting!

Great post. Always good to hear when someone gets to enjoy the well deserved fruits from this great hobby.

Looking forward to your next "quality report".

:goodjob:
Searcher

Congrats on your results! I'm a newbie a few weeks away from harvest, can you elaborate on how you cured? Like when you put them in the jars, and how long you open the jars, and how packed the jars are... all the little details would really be a big help to me. Thanks!

Congrats on your results! I'm a newbie a few weeks away from harvest, can you elaborate on how you cured? Like when you put them in the jars, and how long you open the jars, and how packed the jars are... all the little details would really be a big help to me. Thanks!
What I do is put them in air tight jars, make sure the buds aren't too packed in the point is to let the moisture from inside the buds out, then i open them a few times a day for a few minutes, do that for a week and you'll have some sweet stinky buds. Hope that helps.

What I do is put them in air tight jars, make sure the buds aren't too packed in the point is to let the moisture from inside the buds out, then i open them a few times a day for a few minutes, do that for a week and you'll have some sweet stinky buds. Hope that helps.

Thanks my friend, I appreciate the response. Please stop by my journal if you get time, I'm in the last few weeks and need all the good advice I can get!

Bludog,
Mason jars are cheap at wal mart. Put them in so they are not crushed and leave room so there will be no damage to the buds when you stir them around every time you burp the jars.
I did some smoke after a week, keep curing the rest for 3 weeks and that was it. You will be able to tell from the smell alone how good they are drying out. It does make a difference in potency as well. The longer cure the better.
I ended up just short of a pound of dried cured Himalayn Gold.
Nobody knew that they were smoking the weed I grew and everybody has loved it. No couch lock just heady, floating feelings. All good, no bad. Smells good and so smooth.
I posted about the next batch and in one more week I should be cutting down, trimming and curing some Bubba Kush, Dina Fem sweet deep grapefruit and White Widows. They are all 8-9 week strain and in the same room with, just 6 more weeks,l are the Super Lemon Haze and Arjan Ultra Haze #1. This time around I topped some and left some alone so I can see what the difference is in yield. They all look so different and grow differently and I find this all very interesting.
After this grow I am done growing for at least a year. I will have more than enough for personal use and a good selection to choose from depending on the desired results. There is a smoke for every situation.

Bludog,
Mason jars are cheap at wal mart. Put them in so they are not crushed and leave room so there will be no damage to the buds when you stir them around every time you burp the jars.
I did some smoke after a week, keep curing the rest for 3 weeks and that was it. You will be able to tell from the smell alone how good they are drying out. It does make a difference in potency as well. The longer cure the better.
I ended up just short of a pound of dried cured Himalayn Gold.
Nobody knew that they were smoking the weed I grew and everybody has loved it. No couch lock just heady, floating feelings. All good, no bad. Smells good and so smooth.
I posted about the next batch and in one more week I should be cutting down, trimming and curing some Bubba Kush, Dina Fem sweet deep grapefruit and White Widows. They are all 8-9 week strain and in the same room with, just 6 more weeks,l are the Super Lemon Haze and Arjan Ultra Haze #1. This time around I topped some and left some alone so I can see what the difference is in yield. They all look so different and grow differently and I find this all very interesting.
After this grow I am done growing for at least a year. I will have more than enough for personal use and a good selection to choose from depending on the desired results. There is a smoke for every situation.

Wow I'll say you have a good stash and selection, that's awesome! For some reason - I've never had any - I have a serious longing for some SLH.

Thanks for your response, my girls are now hanging up drying and will probably be ready for jars in a few more days. I quick-dried and jarred a big dense cola last week and it got lots of mold, so obviously it wasn't dry enough.

When do you decide they're ready for jars? Does the density of the buds affect your decision? I really don't want to lose what I have to mold. Thanks again!

Blue dog,
On my Himalayan grow, the fan in the room dried them up way to fast and they seemed brittle.
I got them into jars in just a few days and took longer to cure but the moistness came from inside the bud out so they were ok.
I just chopped down and trimmed a dina fem sweet deep grapefruit and there is no fan in the room this time. i expect 4-5 days max before going into mason jars.
Good luck and stay on top of the cure every day to check for any problems.
I leave room in each jar so i can stick a big chopstick into the jar to stir them aroungdeach day. I burp them daily for a few weeks and the smell gets better and the taste gets more mellow and smooth.

just curious bro, how were the trichs when you chopped them?

I lost my nerve and chopped 6 of the 9 plants early.... well 1 was almost 50% amber and a 2nd probably 20-30%. The others had very little amber at all, so they're probably not going to amount to much and I'll try making hash with them. I've bought a room a/c so the remaining 3 are coming inside to finish, they still have over a month left.

Blue dog,
On my Himalayan grow, the fan in the room dried them up way to fast and they seemed brittle.
I got them into jars in just a few days and took longer to cure but the moistness came from inside the bud out so they were ok.
I just chopped down and trimmed a dina fem sweet deep grapefruit and there is no fan in the room this time. i expect 4-5 days max before going into mason jars.
Good luck and stay on top of the cure every day to check for any problems.
I leave room in each jar so i can stick a big chopstick into the jar to stir them aroungdeach day. I burp them daily for a few weeks and the smell gets better and the taste gets more mellow and smooth.

Thanks avalanche. About what temp/humidity is your drying room if you know? I hung mine in a very hot, humid garage with fans... 2 for 24 hrs and 4 for almost 48 hrs. Now they're hanging inside, temp's about 70 and so is the RH. Still have a fan on them but I've seen no signs of mold - just checked everything very closely - so I'm thinking of turning off the fan. They're hanging in boxes with the fronts and backs cut away.

Any advice? I wish I'd been through this before.

I should add, they've been in this room for about 24 hrs now, they all got chopped Monday morning.

I lost my nerve and chopped 6 of the 9 plants early.... well 1 was almost 50% amber and a 2nd probably 20-30%. The others had very little amber at all, so they're probably not going to amount to much and I'll try making hash with them. I've bought a room a/c so the remaining 3 are coming inside to finish, they still have over a month left.

I usually chop mine down when they're about 10% amber. I tried going longer on a few plants and they just seemed to have lost potency compared to the plants that were chopped when they were just showing traces of amber. It seems to be clearer less couch stone high the earlier you chop. I definitely enjoy it more as it keeps you moving all day long.

I have some blueberry kush going right now that has about a month left. They're doing great, I've never seen them develop this fast before.

:roorrip:

I usually chop mine down when they're about 10% amber. I tried going longer on a few plants and they just seemed to have lost potency compared to the plants that were chopped when they were just showing traces of amber. It seems to be clearer less couch stone high the earlier you chop. I definitely enjoy it more as it keeps you moving all day long.

I have some blueberry kush going right now that has about a month left. They're doing great, I've never seen them develop this fast before.

:roorrip:

Blueberry Kush... that sounds awesome, good luck with her!

And I'm glad to hear about your harvesting. I'm hoping after they're all dried and cured they'll surprise me, one of them that I think was chopped early was getting me pretty high with the test buds, and I never did test the other 2.

Blue dog,
The room temp should be ok. If the humid garage didnt create any mold you should be fine.
GET THAT FAN OFF THE DRYING PLANTS NOW! If not they will be very brittle and dry, If that happens (like it did to me) get them in jars asap and burp them daily and the moisture inside the buds will rehydrate the outside.
I know you worry about messing things up but it will all work out fine. If things get weird get them in jars if not take a few more days of drying until you get that snap on the brances.
Good luck and have fun.

hi people i know this a old post bt can anyone tell me at what stage of flowering does the himalaya gold gain the most weight...ie 5-6 weeks 7-8 weeks ect. thanks

Back
Top Bottom