Just wondering

Bertie

Hi all, I've had a good read of the forums over the last few weeks and havent found anything related to the two things I want to ask. I grew a bit during the early 90's for recreational purposes, then kind of got bored with being stoned. Sadly I now have a ruptured disc in my spine, arthritis in knees and wrists. I've tired weed again for the pain, and it actually works great. I thought it would simply take my mind off it, but it definitley relieves the throbbing in my knees and wrists and makes laying still bearable when my back plays up..

Anyway....I'm doing a small closet grow just for my personal. 22" x 6.5'. Due to the shape of the space, I'm using 2 x 400W sunmasters in cooltubes. In the top part of the closet I have a small veg area for cuttings and mother. SOG.

1) Has anyone tried using magnetic tape rather than velcro? I plan to use a couple of blank picture canvas's as detachable windows/doors. i thought it might reduce my chance of insects etc getting in, as it should be pretty air tight, but accessible. Has anyone used magnetic tape as a seal?

2) I had a book years ago, that gave the basics for soil growing. In the book it mentioned that if during the veg period (right from the seedling stage) that if you kept the lights on for 18 hours, then gave them 2.5 hours darkness, then lights back on for 1 hour, followed by another 2.5 hours darkness. So basically interrupting the night cycle with 1 hour light. It will end up giving up to 75% female / 25% male ratio, but a general improvement in the female / male ratio anyway, rather than 50/50. Is this correct? Obviously I'm not bothered, as I'm going to SOG, but I've always been curious, and thought one of you clever guys on here must know.

Great site by the way. A pleasure to read.:thumb:

Sorry to hear about your health. Been there before, its not an easily life to deal with, but in all Cannabis does help immensely. As you perfectly stated it does make the pain bearable.

now for your questions:

1. Haven't used magnetic tape, but your hypothesis seems pretty accurate. Velcro allows for more breathing room or pockets, whereas magnetic tape is a sold seal. Definitely something to put in the bag o' tricks. :) +rep
2. Playing with the light in that way will actually increase your chance of the hermie trait to become more apparent. Plants NEED consistency, not all strains carry the hermie gene. However, if its in there your chance can be increased. There are nutrients out there that will help to increase your female flowering ratio. DutchMasters' make a product called Reverse, that will help to push your plants toward becoming and staying female. Heres a link:

Suncoast Hydroponics:Dutch Master-Reverse (click here)

Hope this helps :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom