Kansas Lawmakers To Consider Medical Marijuana

Truth Seeker

The debate over medical marijuana heats up in Kansas, as legislators consider whether to join the national trend of legalization. Currently, 18 states and the District of Columbia allow medical use of pot.

David Muford of Hutchinson has been using it for years to treat muscle spasms. He uses it in oil form that he injects into capsules and swallows. Mulford says it doesn't dope him up and treats his condition better than any other medication.

"I don't want to be high," Mulford says. "I don't want to be stumbling around like everything is funny."

Mulford says he'll testify before lawmakers if there's a committee hearing on Senate Bill 9. It's called the Cannibus Compassion and Care Act. Unlike the loosely controlled laws in some other states, Mulford says the Kansas bill calls for strict regulation. He says he is against legalization for recreational use.

Former drug addict, now motivational speaker David Gilkey says such a law sends the wrong message to kids that marijuana is healthy.

"It will probably start out with everybody saying it's for medical use, and eventually it'll become usage for anybody who wants to use it," Gilkey says.

Gilkey says he was addicted to pot, then moved on to harder drugs.

Mulford agrees marijuana is psychologically addictive and can be harmful to the brains of teenagers. But he says if it's strictly controlled for medical use, a lot of sick Kansans would benefit.

MMJ_Oil.JPG

News Hawk- TruthSeekr420 420 MAGAZINE
Source: kwch.com
Author: Jim Grawe
Website: Kansas lawmakers to consider medical marijuana - kwch.com

Unfortunately the Koch brothers run the state of Kansas. Even if the the senate had the good sense to see the benefits to the people who need it and the added revenue the state would collect through fees. The Koch bros. wouldn't allow Governor Brownbeck to sign it. I really wish I had known what I do now when I voted for him two years ago...

Elo

Back
Top Bottom