Keeping mother plant in vegetative state?

Big as you want them, I pull clones off a buddies mothers, they are both over 8 feet tall now. Make the plant do what you want.

Yeah I show up from time to time, when life allows. How you been. I was posting my new pics for everyone and then they got erased for some reason, so I hope yuo get this message.

Glad to be seen, its been touch and go fro awhile, but now I have a little time for the site.

im a new grower and a little help would be sweet .. iv got 7 cuttings and there about 30cm tall there looking good small good and i think im doing ok. there under a 400w hps with air in take and out take but i want to expand is there any info people can give on time in veg if there any signs i should look for etc.

Most plants are ready to go into flower when they're about 2 months old, or about 18" (about 1/2 meter) tall. A good sign is when you start to see alternating nodes. I think that's the correct term.

Racefan said:
It will grow as tall as you allow her to. Don't forget to periodically transplant or prune the roots of the mother plants to avoid them becoming root bound.

im a newbie when it comes to growning, i have read alot, but have no physical experiance, how do you prune the roots without fuckin it up?

Pruning roots is more common than one may think. Bonzai growers have to trim roots as part of their practice of slowing down top growth. Plus these plants are hardier than you think. I myself have always just unpotted the mother and cut the bottom 1/2 or 1 inch off the bottom of the root ball and all 4 corners (I use square containers) I then repot with new soil in the bottom and corners of my container. If possible it's best to repot into a bigger container but my conditions require that I can't fit anyting bigger than 3 gallons into my doorway so once they became root bound I had no choice but to prune roots. If your containers are smaller than 3 gallons and your options don't allow for repotting then you may want to reduce the amount you cut off. I mean if your flowering in a 6 inch container and you cut off 2 inches, you've taken a 3rd of your root system away. That wouldn't be smart. ALWAYS TRIM ROOTS WITH SOIL THAT IS MOIST. If you allow the root ball to fall apart it will mean death to your plant. If you need more information on trimming roots you could search the internet. I found a lot of posts that popped up when I searched out "pruning cannabis roots". 2873 results through windows live search to be exact. I bet google would have even more.

Yup....allways make sure their rootballs are moist when trimming,or repotting,if the soil falls away from the roots the plants WILL die....

Back
Top Bottom