Last minute prep on green thumb aspect. Much appreciate if you could help

mgjscdhl

Now I've gotten my first seeds I'm in last stages of planning and construction - A Stealth Rubbermaid micro-grow.
Received 5x (fem) ak48 from attitude, and 3x free (fem) kush (various), 1x (fem) s lemon haze
Waiting for 5x (fem) papaya from nirvana. I bought from two because I had a few extra $$ and wanted to ensure delivery.
I realize feminized as bastardized seeds, but newbie friendly. Later, with extra space and knowledge I plan on clones.
They all looked healthy, none cracked or discollored. I put them in a tightvac solid container with dessicants.

Seeds:

What relative humidity and/or temperature for seed storage (without using freezer)? Is there optimum range? Any tricks to keeping it?

Germination / seedling stage:

I plan on popping the seeds with paper towel, plates. Once they sprout should I go immediately to soil, or can I use peat blocks?
I don't know if they are called something specific but they are "jiffy" brand name. They are circular disks that swell with water.

Lights:

I'm using cfl, I have several 42w 27000,65000 for all stages of growth. During seedling/sprouting is it really necessary to run them all or can I half wattage/lumens? Maybee keep them closer to the soil for same effect?

Soil / nutrients:

To make a long story short here. I want to use soiless since it seems easiest. Peatmoss, vermiculite, perlite mix. I'm not fussy about organic/non/guanoo.... I just want a successful grow, learning experience I can build upon. I read foxfarms chart for soil mixes. It seems idiotproof to me. If I bought according to https://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/soilfeed.pdf should I need anything else besides ph adjusters?
What about b1 for seedlings? I've read and seen a few videos mentioning it... Waste of time or worthwhile?

(comments, flames, suggestions hatemail are always welcome)
First I greatly appreciate the people and resources this site has given me. Some information isn't direct or entirely there. I'm sorry if they are stupid questions but I'm also a very careful person, I have limited funds and want a successful first time grow. I hope it shows I've read up on these things I just want clarafication on them. Like seeds. I want to make sure they are viable later down road but I cannot find a temp/humidity reading, just storage in dark and dessicants/rice.

I will be housesitting for a bit. Before I use his computer I need to make sure I clear tracks and such or hide his ip address

Thanks
mgjscdhl

Now I've gotten my first seeds I'm in last stages of planning and construction - A Stealth Rubbermaid micro-grow.
Received 5x (fem) ak48 from attitude, and 3x free (fem) kush (various), 1x (fem) s lemon haze
Waiting for 5x (fem) papaya from nirvana. I bought from two because I had a few extra $$ and wanted to ensure delivery.
I realize feminized as bastardized seeds, but newbie friendly. Later, with extra space and knowledge I plan on clones.
They all looked healthy, none cracked or discollored. I put them in a tightvac solid container with dessicants.

Seeds:

What relative humidity and/or temperature for seed storage (without using freezer)? Is there optimum range? Any tricks to keeping it?

Germination / seedling stage:

I plan on popping the seeds with paper towel, plates. Once they sprout should I go immediately to soil, or can I use peat blocks?
I don't know if they are called something specific but they are "jiffy" brand name. They are circular disks that swell with water.

Lights:

I'm using cfl, I have several 42w 27000,65000 for all stages of growth. During seedling/sprouting is it really necessary to run them all or can I half wattage/lumens? Maybee keep them closer to the soil for same effect?

Soil / nutrients:

To make a long story short here. I want to use soiless since it seems easiest. Peatmoss, vermiculite, perlite mix. I'm not fussy about organic/non/guanoo.... I just want a successful grow, learning experience I can build upon. I read foxfarms chart for soil mixes. It seems idiotproof to me. If I bought according to https://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/soilfeed.pdf should I need anything else besides ph adjusters?
What about b1 for seedlings? I've read and seen a few videos mentioning it... Waste of time or worthwhile?

(comments, flames, suggestions hatemail are always welcome)
First I greatly appreciate the people and resources this site has given me. Some information isn't direct or entirely there. I'm sorry if they are stupid questions but I'm also a very careful person, I have limited funds and want a successful first time grow. I hope it shows I've read up on these things I just want clarafication on them. Like seeds. I want to make sure they are viable later down road but I cannot find a temp/humidity reading, just storage in dark and dessicants/rice.

I will be housesitting for a bit. Before I use his computer I need to make sure I clear tracks and such or hide his ip address

Thanks
mgjscdhl
Not realy sure on the humidity. I usually place them in a tupperware container with one of those dryer containers like you get with a lot of prescriptions and just seal it and keep them out of the light.

I like to put my seeds into soil once they've popped. But anything will work. They get enough nutrients off of there decomposing shell to stay healthy for a couple weeks. The only real issue is not to move them too much while the roots are being established.

Cfl's work great for seedlings. Keep them about 6 inches away. It doesn't require much light during sprouting but once the roots get established give them as much light as you can to prevent stretching.

I use the Sunshine Mix 4 for vegging and flowering and the Sunshine Mix 3 for cloning. Both are soiless and work very well.

I do have some bottles from tylenol 3. They are pretty tight. I think they would be sufficient.

That makes sense now that you said it. Also explains some coated seeds I've seen in mags. Must be trying to give them that little bit more. Movement was another consideration for the pucks. Since the mesh keeps the outside together I thought even through its first transplant it would be easiest.

I'll look into those soil mixes. If they aren't available I'm sure there are similar, I'll look into their nut values and look. Should be some soil and things around now its spring (kind of)

Gonna try to steadily increase the lights with more growth/foliage but I know I can keep the temperature around same at soil/leaf level.

thanks for all the info and help. Forum has been amazing
I was handed a clone about a week ago. So its full steam ahead I guess.
Strain is white rhino. And its starting rooting. Will wait another week to transplant and/or veg.

look at my other threads (started by...) for white rhino - cfl - rubbermaid
thanks again

Back
Top Bottom