Lavender scares away pests? Is it true or a total myth?

autoflowerzz

Any of you looking for the ultimate organic, biological pest scare awayer ( dont know if thats even a word though), I have heard a rumour that spider mites, aphids and white flies hate lavender, my mom used to grow rose plants and they were full of them so what she did was put lavender next to them and she never had any trouble with them anymore, now i dont know if the annoying pests will stay off your MJ if theres lavender near it, ive never actually seen this before so is there anyone to confirm this method??

Not sure about that one but i have lavender in my tent right now. Has a nice smell too it and when i open it up i smell that instead of the MJ. If it helps with pest then that will be another reason i use it. Sorry i couldn't answer your question.

A great natural pesticide is Pyrethrum (Chrysanthemum ). A widely cultivated annual
flower. The active ingredient is found in the flowers. Collect only fully opened
flowers. Mix 100 grams of dried flowers in 1 litre of water and soak for one
day. Can be stored for up to two months, but strain it first.

A great natural pesticide is Pyrethrum (Chrysanthemum ). A widely cultivated annual
flower. The active ingredient is found in the flowers. Collect only fully opened
flowers. Mix 100 grams of dried flowers in 1 litre of water and soak for one
day. Can be stored for up to two months, but strain it first.

everywhere I look, Roseman, you have some very helpful advice and some fact that I never knew before.. :thanks:

thanks..+reps

I will have to try that,, to help protect the vegetable garden outside. I have mint planted around the foundation of the house, good groud cover, smells nice, and keeps the ants away... (my back yard is one big ant hill...lol but none in or around the house)

Back
Top Bottom