Leaf problems: Yellowing lower leaves, cracks and tiny holes

Denstore

Hello guys,

I am currently dealing with my first grow, and I believe that I have finally ran into some problems that I am afraid will affect my final yield. The leaves on my two plants I have in my grow tent are behaving weird, and I cannot seem to find identify the cause. At first I believed that I overwatered them, but the symptoms does not seem to go away. I then suspected that I overfed them, and that is why I flushed both plants yesterday, and one of the plants even more thorough today. However, after googling around I cannot seem to confirm that overfeeding is the problem, and I am afraid that it might be something else. First, a bit about my grow: I am growing two indica dominant strains (Euphoria and Northern Lights) under a 300w LED full spectrum lamp. By humidity levels and my temperature are good, but I have been adjusting the LED a bit lately as the northern light is growing taller than the Euphoria plant. I also only feed and water with PH-adjusted water or food!

Problems:
- The Euphoria plant is about a week older than the Northern Light plant, but it has not grown closely as tall, but is instead very bushy. .
- I noticed that both plants developed yellowing leaves with crispy edges on the lower branches, which I eventually had to take off the plants (not included in the photos below
- I also noticed that some leaves have tiny holes in them (as seen below by the pictures)

I have included pictures of both plants, and I would appreciate if you guys would help me identify the causes so that I can succeed with my first grow! I am genuienly scared that I have scarred them too much at this point. Thankful for all the help/tips I can get from as many people as I can get!

Euphoria plant (the shorter one which I have had most problems with):
1548532267778.png

1548532289990.png

1548532307230.png

Northern Lights plant (taller one, which I believe have been too close to the lights, but which I just recently adjusted)

1548532223870.png

My setup: (Euphoria to the left, Northern Light to the right) - Please give opinion on light adjustment: Not sure if its too far away.
1548532361008.png

Hello guys,

I am currently dealing with my first grow, and I believe that I have finally ran into some problems that I am afraid will affect my final yield. The leaves on my two plants I have in my grow tent are behaving weird, and I cannot seem to find identify the cause. At first I believed that I overwatered them, but the symptoms does not seem to go away. I then suspected that I overfed them, and that is why I flushed both plants yesterday, and one of the plants even more thorough today. However, after googling around I cannot seem to confirm that overfeeding is the problem, and I am afraid that it might be something else. First, a bit about my grow: I am growing two indica dominant strains (Euphoria and Northern Lights) under a 300w LED full spectrum lamp. By humidity levels and my temperature are good, but I have been adjusting the LED a bit lately as the northern light is growing taller than the Euphoria plant. I also only feed and water with PH-adjusted water or food!

Problems:
- The Euphoria plant is about a week older than the Northern Light plant, but it has not grown closely as tall, but is instead very bushy. .
- I noticed that both plants developed yellowing leaves with crispy edges on the lower branches, which I eventually had to take off the plants (not included in the photos below
- I also noticed that some leaves have tiny holes in them (as seen below by the pictures)

I have included pictures of both plants, and I would appreciate if you guys would help me identify the causes so that I can succeed with my first grow! I am genuienly scared that I have scarred them too much at this point. Thankful for all the help/tips I can get from as many people as I can get!

Euphoria plant (the shorter one which I have had most problems with):
1548532267778.png

1548532289990.png

1548532307230.png

Northern Lights plant (taller one, which I believe have been too close to the lights, but which I just recently adjusted)

1548532223870.png

My setup: (Euphoria to the left, Northern Light to the right) - Please give opinion on light adjustment: Not sure if its too far away.
1548532361008.png
It kind of looks like pest damage to me

It kind of looks like pest damage to me

I also forgot to mention that I have been sparying them daily with regular tap water (not PH-adjusted), could that cause these problems too? (has a ph of 7, but since they do not "eat" it, I did not think it should cause problems)

Possible fungus gnat damage , check out bt, neem etc. Set yellow sticky traps first to verify.

I might have to do so, as I have absolutely no idea what the causes can be at this time :/ Are there any other things that I should do at this time besides from checking for gnats, or flushing the plant (which I have already done)?

I really doubt that there are any gnats in there, and I do not know how to check if its fungus or not, as I cannot see any development of fungus on the leaves.

I might have to do so, as I have absolutely no idea what the causes can be at this time :/ Are there any other things that I should do at this time besides from checking for gnats, or flushing the plant (which I have already done)?

I really doubt that there are any gnats in there, and I do not know how to check if its fungus or not, as I cannot see any development of fungus on the leaves.
fungus is microscopic, but this is likely an aphid and or fungus gnat issue IMO are you using miracle grow soil?

Okay I think that you guys might be right about pest, fungus or knats. It really seems like something has been eating on my poor plants. What is it? and what can I do about it as soon as possible?

1548539406667.png

1548539360758.png
1548539294463.png
1548539124097.png
1548539196740.png
neem oil is a common treatment, I have heard of organic soap and cinnamon and I will admit to trying it... the cinnamon never leaves your plant... so be careful what you spray on them, the funny thing is it actually worked to get rid of my aphids

neem oil is a common treatment, I have heard of organic soap and cinnamon and I will admit to trying it... the cinnamon never leaves your plant... so be careful what you spray on them, the funny thing is it actually worked to get rid of my aphids

Thanks! What do I do if I do not have access to neemoil until Tuesday? I heard that aphids repopulate very fast, and I do not want to risk it spreading to a point where its uncontrollable? Any fast home remedies I can use while waiting for the neem oil?

Thanks! What do I do if I do not have access to neemoil until Tuesday? I heard that aphids repopulate very fast, and I do not want to risk it spreading to a point where its uncontrollable? Any fast home remedies I can use while waiting for the neem oil?
Good air circulation, cooler temps around 70F and one thing that worked great for me to slow them down was putting a piece of Mylar around the top of my pot to cover the soil, anything water resistant should work just be sure to watch your moister levels carefully because it takes longer to dry out with the soil covered

Good air circulation, cooler temps around 70F and one thing that worked great for me to slow them down was putting a piece of Mylar around the top of my pot to cover the soil, anything water resistant should work just be sure to watch your moister levels carefully because it takes longer to dry out with the soil covered

Thank you! What is confusing to me is the bite marks on the leaves. Do aphids actually eat the leaves? Also, I cannot really spot any aphids. All I can see are tiny tiny small white things "jumping" (maybe just blowing away) when I touch the plant. Really want to identify what it is before I do something that can harm my plant further :/

Thank you! What is confusing to me is the bite marks on the leaves. Do aphids actually eat the leaves? Also, I cannot really spot any aphids. All I can see are tiny tiny small white things "jumping" (maybe just blowing away) when I touch the plant. Really want to identify what it is before I do something that can harm my plant further :/
Generally aphids suck nectar and Fungus gnats eat the leaves but there are other pests like moths or caterpillars they're just not encountered as often also aphids will cause leaves to die in small areas and could like cause holes but I would imagine with such large chunks missing from your plant it's fungus gnats

Generally aphids suck nectar and Fungus gnats eat the leaves but there are other pests like moths or caterpillars they're just not encountered as often also aphids will cause leaves to die in small areas and could like cause holes but I would imagine with such large chunks missing from your plant it's fungus gnats

Wow, so right now it could be either of them. I have had a few smaller leaves die too. What do you recommend I do? Thinking of sparying the plant with a mix of listerine, water and dishsoap in case it is an aphid infestation. Would the same remedy work for fungus gnats too?

Back
Top Bottom