Lower leaves yellowing at alarming rate!

tszasz4u

Note:picture of ailing leaves in member's photo section
I have two G-13 hybrids, presently approaching wk. 4. One of my females is doing quite nicely, with rich green leaves and fattening buds. The other, with the same exact growing conditions, down to the amount watered, is starting to shows signs of serious yellowing.
I was going to blame it on the unnoticed colder lights out temps, but given how the other plant is responding so well, I cannot say for sure that this is the problem. My grow medium for both plants is MG soilless with time release, and worm castings, at 3 cups for three gallon pots. Day temps are about 72-78, depending on the outside temps, lights out, a bit cold, is at about 58-62. I will open a heater vent to see if that rectifies the problem.
I am using some of my leftover Monkey Juice (made for coir substrates) flowering solutions A&B, at medium strength, as per instructions, at 6.3 pH. I have been watering with this solution every other watering. I water every couple of days, letting the soilless dry out the first several inches from the surface of the pot.
I was thinking that this could be a nutrient lock, maybe Nitrogen, so I added about a cup of worm castings as a topping.
Oh, yes, 400 watt HPS, which has decent penentration, but nothing spectacular, so maybe this yellowing could be lack of light penentration??

Hi mate how are ya?? just had quick browse of your post and from what I gather, what youre experiencing maybe perfectly normal..
Plants use all the nutes from the fan leaves as they hit flower and usually goes from oldest to newest leaves, so the lower ones will yellow and die off naturally. I wouldnt worry unless it spreads all to the tops of your plant. And colder temps wont cause yellowing mate..
My last grow was 6ft3 tall and 4.5ft wide, LST, which was VERY dense, I had many 2ft long buds and 1.5ft long buds and they blocked abit of light below the top canopy so I did lose a bit of growth, I use a 400w MH for Veg, and a 400w HPS flower.. I fairly heavily trimmed leaves off my girl to let light in as much as possible, so maybe trim a few fans if needed if theyre blocking bud sites. I would have pulled nearly 1pound from 1 plant in 15 weeks, But I got robbed, thankfully the idiots left my 4, 2ft long buds!! Theyd have been the first I took!! Lol, Oh well. Hope this may help you some, but I think you may be ok.. BUT - MAYBE DO A SOIL PH TEST< FOLLOWED BY TESTING THE RUN OFFs PH, your true PH will be somewhere in the middle, maybe raise your soils PH to 6.6, I have charts in my Completed journal about which nutes get locked out at certain PH levels.. It may help?? GOODLUCK MATE! Smokemup..
And Im assuming you may have cut out N by now?? If not only give low dosage of N during flower, it doesnt need it as much during flower, but still does require some.. If you have a look in my completed journal theres some pics of how my ggirl was set out and the trimming I did to her. I SHOULD have done more in hind sight but I didnt want to hermie her.. My current grow has been stripped at 3 weeks old Veg, and is now turning into a beast like my last:)

Lol@Wizzy.. Dont listen to me mate.. IM STONED:):)

Back
Top Bottom