Leaves Drooping? Pics Included

Dr.MeanGreen

Ok here is the scope of what has happened..

Plants were 100% doing great until yesterday when I came home and the temp. had shot up in my growroom to low-to-mid 90s and my plants look like they do below...

My setup is a DWC hydro, 8 gallon tank filled with 6 gal of water. pH is around 6.0, nutes are at adequate levels, lights are 250W of Cfls, contant flan blowing so air is circulating. Lights are in veg cycle, 24 hrs/day. Plants are 4.5 weeks old.

It has been 24 hours now and they still look like this! The temperature is now in the upper 70s. No leaves have died, they just appear to be too weak to rise back up to the lights. Please help me out guys, give me some good news!

IMGP0041.JPG

IMGP0040.JPG

IMGP0039.JPG

Did the reservoir level drop and did it damage some roots?

I just took apart the whole system and cleaned it, put it back together, fresh water fresh nutes. So water level is at 6 gallons now. Air temp 79, water temp upper 60s. Plants are looking rough though =/

I think stonergrower is right and cannabis love breezy weather around 74 degrees is your humidity @ least 50% ? get some revive by advanced nuts ! or super thrive and flush your res should be at least 5 degrees cooler then the air temp !

Would the sell those at Walmart or should I go to a gardening store?

So here is an update...
Some of the leaves ended up becoming dried out so i cut them and some stems too that looked as if they would not recover. The plants are still drooping though...

Yes, and they were tangled up with one another. I pulled them apart though.
Could you elaborate more though as to what the effects from this are. Thanks

Nope, they appear to be healthy and strong

You've stressed them big time. First with extremely high air temps and possibly cooked the roots with high res temps then on top of it you decide to screw with the root system and tear into them.
Are you sure you want to grow? Because your doing a great job at killing them. ;)
First off dilute nutes to 1/4 to 1/2 strength and raise the lights some. They need to go into repair mode now not grow mode. Bombarding them with nutes and lumens can make things worse. Make sure your res temp stays below 70degrees Fahrenheit at all times. Not just 5 degrees cooler than air temps. Nothing cooler than 55 degrees too. Too hot and algae grows. Too cold and growth stops. Yes you get pretty purple coloring but it does no good when bud growth stops. Once you have corrected the above you have to wait and see what damage was done to determine where to go next. Dead leaves do not regenerate so judge things off new growth.

You've stressed them big time. First with extremely high air temps and possibly cooked the roots with high res temps then on top of it you decide to screw with the root system and tear into them.
Are you sure you want to grow? Because your doing a great job at killing them. ;)
First off dilute nutes to 1/4 to 1/2 strength and raise the lights some. They need to go into repair mode now not grow mode. Bombarding them with nutes and lumens can make things worse. Make sure your res temp stays below 70degrees Fahrenheit at all times. Not just 5 degrees cooler than air temps. Nothing cooler than 55 degrees too. Too hot and algae grows. Too cold and growth stops. Yes you get pretty purple coloring but it does no good when bud growth stops. Once you have corrected the above you have to wait and see what damage was done to determine where to go next. Dead leaves do not regenerate so judge things off new growth.

Good advise but I'm not sure the condescending tone was all that necessary... Dr.Meangreen seems like a good possibility that you indeed did stress them out due to the increased root zone temp it endured. My advise is to get the temp of the water down below 68 degrees and to keep it there...
Do not make the common beginer mistake of over analyzing and trying to correct/change too many things at once. This further stresses the plant and makes it seemingly impossible to figure out which correction/change fixed the problem and which ones are making it worse...
What are your PH and TDS levels at? Good chance the rapid change in temp within the root zone has caused the lockout of essential nutrients. Another option is that the plant is having a hard time absorbing oxygen also due to the high root zone temps. Flushing and cleaning your system should have taken care of this problem if done properly, it may take it a few days to show any signs of recovering... If you have done these things I suggest you just leave it alone and give the plant a chance to turn itself around and adjust. Good luck, I hope this helps you.
If you have any other questions, I am doing a DWC/continuous drip ring hydro system, my plants are not as far along as yours but I had trouble and still do with my water temp, my PH, overwatering/underwatering, etc... You name it and I had to deal with it or still am.
I have gotten much better at controlling my PH level, and my water temp is usually under 70 degrees although I would like to keep it a few degrees lower, but I'm using small frozen water bottles in each unit which are taking up half of my freezer. I am only running half of my units at the moment too, so as I transplant more, i need more water bottles. My first attempt at fixing the high water temp problem was to attatch flexible/round ducting to the air vent in the room and run the cold air from the central A/C unit directly into the top of the tent. It worked relatively well temporarily, but due to the fact that the other air vents thoughout the place don't completely close and the thermometer/controler for the A/C is in the other room it ran constantly lowering the ambient temp thoughout our entire place to the low 60's. This worked for a day or two but I soon woke up with no more cold air coming out of the A/C, and i still don't know what is wrong with it...
So then it was back to the drawing board, I have been putting the frozen water bottles in the reserviour for aver a week now and although it is keeping it lower, still isn't quite consistantly low enough for my confort and also takes a lot of maintenence and freezer space. Not to mention the air temps outside have been lower than usual over the past week and I am afraid when it gets hot again the water bottles will become much less effective and even more tedious in nature...
Therefore I need to purchase a good water chiller capable of somehow effecting each separate units reserviour, or I have been looking at buying a used window A/C off of craigslist and allowing me to cool the entire bedroom rather than just the inside of the tent. This will hopefully allow me to both cool the tent while also shutting the tent completely for periods of time so I don't push all of the added CO2 from the tent rendering it ultimately worthless and wasted. Only problem I can see is that when I close the tent completely and am only relying on the cool temps thoughout the room that surround the tent and the fans inside the tent to keep the ambient temp inside the tent down, i may run into more heat issues. I am afraid the 600watt HPS light will be putting off more heat inside the tent than I can handle given those conditions and that I won't be able to leave the tent closed for very long , which will lead to me not effectively or effeciently supplementing the CO2 to my tent. One thing I am also considering is temporarily running the A/C directly through the enclosed lamp hood and straight through the tent. This will in theory cool the light in the room much more effectively which will keep the tent cooler for a much longer period of time and ultimately allow me to close it off completely without the temp shooting up so quickly... I will hopefully then get much more use out of my CO2 during the daytime hours.
See, in a way we are all battling our own demons! Chances are you aren't the first person to have any of the problems you will run into along the way. What i learned is that with a positive attitude and a little patience you will be able to overcome each issue as it comes at you, the key is to stay optimistic!

Back
Top Bottom