Leaves turning white

Wifey

Hello,

I am new to the forum, and I am hoping I give enough information on our problem. I looked through the posts and did not see any pictures that matched up to our problem.

My husband just built a grow room - nice size 8 x 8 or so - well ventilated, heated and lighted. We consulted many websites and friends while designing and setting up the room - so I believe that part is right.

The problem is the seven plants someone gave us five days ago. When we received them, some of them were wilting, and a couple had a few leaves curling up. The soil was very dry, so we gave them some bottled water -we are on city water and at times you can smell the chlorine so I don't want to feed them that - yuk, I don't even drink it. Anyways, most of them are responding to the sixteen hours of light and the one dose of miracle grow and they are looking nicer. I want to transplant them into better soil, but I am worried about them not being healthy enough for the change. You see some of the leaves turned white from the stem. I have never seen any plant do this - does anyone have any ideas on what caused this? And can it be corrected?

Thank you for your time - it is very much appreciated,
Wifey

1328362647871.jpg
1328362614573.jpg
1328362632044.jpg

Hello again,

a friend of ours just stopped by and said it was because of rapid temp and environment change, our room is set for 75 degrees. The person who gave us the plants (three are Blue Dot and the other four are Sour Diesel) had them in a mediocre grow room until about a week before handing them over, at that point he moved them into a bedroom that wasn't sufficiently heated or lighted. So now, should we wait a little longer before transplanting them into better soil and the necessary pruning?

Sorry for your troubles, but without knowing the history of your girls its going to be hard to help. : like what soil, nutes, ph, so on... myself i would transplant as soon as possible, sounds like you have to start from scratch with these girls to get them back on track! Maybe try some foliar spray, some liquid sea weed, good for deficiencies.:peace:

Sorry for your troubles, but without knowing the history of your girls its going to be hard to help. : like what soil, nutes, ph, so on... myself i would transplant as soon as possible, sounds like you have to start from scratch with these girls to get them back on track! Maybe try some foliar spray, some liquid sea weed, good for deficiencies.:peace:

Agreed. and stop using miracle grow-sucks for cannabis--

thats an odd one.. has me kinda stumped... doesnt look like light bleaching, or nute burn, or defiecencies of any kind i have personally seen..

are you able to give us some more info? How to Ask for Grow Support

and i agree... ditch the Miracle grow, and spend about $40 on some proper nutes, i suggest either advanced nutrients - grow - micro - bloom
or general hydroponics flora grow - micro - bloom

a lot of people reccomend fox farm as well , but i'v never tried it.

It's like 10 pm right now or I was going to take pics but anyways I have I think 3 plants that have two leaves that it looks like formed together and the leaves have twisted a bit are there strains with similar mutations to this? I'll post pics tomorrow but has anyone experienced this?

Looks like this thread may have died. I too have had white leaf issues in a hydroponic grow tent, I use GH nutrients and have a nutrient schedule I follow., PH meter and pump keeps ph dead nuts at 5.8. Light and heat rarely change. I have also seen what I call 'spinach' cannabis where the leaves where curly and messed up. Yield from that plant not good. My thought so far is seed genetics. It's now 2021 though. Maybe this will spark some more interest in these issues.

Back
Top Bottom