Leaves wilting before dark

gm0115

Hi everyone,

Long time reader first time poster here.

The site has been invaluable for me over the last month or so, really brilliant.
Thanks to everyone on here for sharing their experiences with us all, dunno where i would be without it!

Basically i have 3 x Blueberry plants under a 400 w Hps in coco / perlite mix in a fairly small tent.

I have my environment set up as i believe it should be, although i am thoroughly novice! temps up to max 83 lights on and down to 65 min lights out.
Good ventilation, exhaust fan running constantly and clip on fan running all the way through lights on.

Seeds germinated exactly 5 weeks ago today, plants now about 8 inches tall and starting to look nice and bushy with really thick stems. they were transplanted from small pots into 10Liter pots a few days ago.

THE PROBLEM IS!

That about 3 hours before lights off, the plants seem to wilt and the leaves sag down, quite dramatically. Once lights come back on, they pick up and within a few hours of lights on they look perfect again....leaves all standing up to attention.

Is this normal / anything to worry about?
Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, on one of the plants one of the larger leaves looks everso slightly crinkled around one edge, but does not worry me too much yet..... should it?! could this be a sign or a clue of anything?

Thanks so much,

Merry Christmas!!

Gaz

Hey gm, this is standard plant behavior. When they've been on a light schedule for some time, they know when lights are about to go out and get ready for it to happen.

Daytime is for photosynthesis when the leaves do their job. Night is for roots and I suppose the leaves droop like that to stop transpiring so the roots can grow.

That's just what I remember. I'm no expert, but it is natural for them to droop just before lights out.

:peace:

thanks man, much appreciated.

complete noob, will prob be asking more daft questions in the near future! :)

have a gd xmas

Back
Top Bottom