Leaves yellowing 1st grow Need Help Fast!

jgrow1103

A little background about my setup is I'm using a 300w galaxyhydro 10 x 10 14/10
The dirt is organic garden soil ixed with a rooting fungus "mykos"
I just started the big bloom since it's budding now I use it once a week and i water once a day.

Last week I noticed that the tips on a hand full of the leaves were yellowing but only about half a dozen and it was mixed all the way through the plant now we are noticing that some of the lower leaves are turning yellow ish themselves where the top leaves are still deep purple
Here are some recent photos...
20150523_123928.jpg
20150523_123759.jpg
20150523_123732.jpg
20150522_171850.jpg

Since then the leaves at the bottom have gotten worse over the last couple days since I've taken the photos.

And here are the Fox Farm nutrients that I had using I am currently using the big bloom for the budding cycle...
20150523_123908.jpg

Is this normal? If so should I trim them off?

If not, Could this be from over watering? Or does anybody else you know what could have caused this, and what I can do to prevent any more damage?

Thanks for your time and advice!
Josh

over watering kills more plants than anything ,let it dry out stick your finger down in the dirt if it fells moist wait another day , left the pot and feel its weight that will tell you real fast too,

Get a good amount of runoff, realistically I get about 15% runoff and suck it out of runoff tray within 30min. Everyday is too often, I have 3 gallon smart pots and water every 2 days (day 40 or so flower. )

I see people say they defoliate the bottom fifth or so starting after the stretch I believe (stretch happens sometime after u switch to 12/12 youll notice for sure.) You dont do it all at once, spread it out. I take leaves off after the tips start curling.

see people say they defoliate the bottom fifth or so starting

what do you mean by defolate?
it's also autoflower strain so I never change the light cycle, and the tips of the leaves on the top are starting to curl, but it looks like they're dying more than anything.

I'm also pretty sure it has something to do with me using organic garden soil from Home Depot instead of potting mix and I never mix it with any peat moss or anything to light it up.
In this case I had another plant that didn't make it and at the bottom it was just totally mud, I'm afraid the same thing is happening with this does anybody have a suggestion or how I can drive the dirt up in the bottom of the pot?

Hi jgrow. As others have replied, everyday watering is way, way, WAY too much. It also looks like the pots you are using might not have drainage holes; if you don't, drill 5 or 6 holes in your pots.

If yourplants are dying due to your over-watering approach I recommend you leave your plant alone for a week ( 7 days)--no water no juices or ferts of any kind. Just leave it dry out. The pant will start to use up the water at the bottom of your pot but it'll take a while. The yellowing leaves are ready to fall so don't freak out if you see more leaves yellowing and falling off.

After a week, do the finger test: stick your finger in the soil and if it's still moist, wet, damp--leave it alone for more days. If it seems really dry maybe it looks wilted, and you've drilled your drainage holes the just water like 2 cups only. Then after a 4 days, if it seems to be drying out you can give it another 2 cups. Eventually you want to be watering like only 2 times a week between 2 cups and 4 cups each time.

I'm not an expert and there's lots I don't know about the best approach to watering but I know what works for me. I water my 4 plants once a week with about 3 litres each time ( about 3-4 quarts US.) Other people water more often but until you are more of an expert go very easy on the water.

(By the way defoliate means to pinch off leaves---you can pinch off anything that looks hello or dried up but for now don't defoliate anything else.)

People who have house plants usually kill them by forgetting to water them or by overwatering. People who grow weed almost never under water--but many overwater and then wonder why their plant looks so sad. Your plant cannot do well if its roots are sitting in soggy soil at the bottom of your pot---guaranteed trouble. Plants also have more trouble fighting of infections and bugs when they are over watered too.

Good luck! Hope your plant recovers.

Back
Top Bottom