LED Driver & COB match

Worldssaviour

I've been meaning to make the move to LED's for a while now & read that much I've fried my brain a few times. I think I've got the basics down now though & know how I'm going to set them up etc. I'm definitely going to do a custom build & was going to go with something tried & tested like the CXB 3590 & the Meanwell Driver but I got a great deal on some Driver's that was to good to pass up. So I'm hoping someone who has a little more knowledge on the COB's themselves can suggest a good COB to match these Driver's! This 1st build is only for veg so I want the COB's to be around 5000k. I would of normally only asked for info on Cree's but after catching up with another Thread on here I'm considering maybe the Citizen's aswel.

The Driver's I have are Philips 929000708803 & I'm in the UK so they'll be powered at 240v.

As you mentioned the CITIZEN. on ebay you can find a seller from estland. He sells the CLU048 1212 for about 8 gbp per cob. At 1050mA thats about 44Watts per Chip and only a fraction of the cost of an CXB3590. over here i have to pay 45-50e for a single CXB3590, i got 5 CLU1212 for that money. Watch out for the charts in the hijacked thread below yours. But only 3-4K.

If you would find a link to the PDF to your driver i maybe could help you out. But i am on my mobile and can not copy the product code, so i wont be able to helo you out stressfree :)

Looks like CLU058 1825 is the choice for you. The driver is 57V and many COBs are rated only for 36V. You will get the best of the LED that way. I dunno what to expect from 36V rated LEDs on that driver. CLU 048 1818 is an option too. Cheers! :love: :Namaste:

First of all thanks for replying guys ��

It's a good thing you pointed our the forward voltage being 57v Tomula as that slipped me. I'm not sure if I could even run 36v COB's from it so I'll have to read up on that. The 6500k link you posted would of been nice but digikey doesn't have them in stock & it says 10 week wait lol. One other thing, it states that one was tested at 1.62v & the other at 2.25v but my driver is only 700ma so what would that mean to the COB's, would they be way under powered?

I did find these that looked a good option: Samsung SI-N8R3312B0WW

But after checking now, their only 33v forward voltage :(

COBs at 40W are very efficient you will get more light and less heat. This is chart for comparison of some of the best COBs. The Veros are nice option too. And they are 52V COBs. There is also the quantum board, which is using the most efficient midpower LEDs, It can take up to 300V. I dunno if you can make use of 2 drivers together :-/ but if you can, this is also an option. But I dunno how it's with shipping. Heatsinks are on the site too.

CLU_Vero_chart.png

Back
Top Bottom