LED light cooling fans stopped

BrokrnEyes

So at the very end of my latest grow, the cooling fans in my 2 LED lights have both stopped working, one outright and the other is making a grinding sound. Both lights actually turn on, but without the fans I am hesitant to leave them on for any length of time unattended. Both are 300 W LED and I've had them for nearly 2 years now, both have seen regular use their outright the two years.

So my question is this: is there a way to reset the fans? Do I have to open the casing? Is two years about right for LED grow lights and I should just get new ones?

Re: LES light cooling fans stopped...

It would all depend on what type of light it is if you bought some are worth replacing the fan and bored when they go out others are not worth repairing a single light I run Black Dog Led 1600s what I have been running in them for 8 years and had to have no issues so far but they are very expensive light so I would hope for them to last a lot longer

Well money is admittedly a bit a factor for me, these last two were $80 apiece.

Are there any good, and inexpensive brands you could recommend, or would you swear by what you use?

Oh I swear by my lights but I run a dispensary so my 1600 watt Black Dog Led run about $2,000 a piece but I do have a brand that I can recommend oh I swear by my life blue tie run a dispensary so my 1600 watt black Dog LED's run about $2,000 apiece but I do have a light that I can recommend you can try Mars Hydro or Viper Spectrum

So at the very end of my latest grow, the cooling fans in my 2 LED lights have both stopped working, one outright and the other is making a grinding sound. Both lights actually turn on, but without the fans I am hesitant to leave them on for any length of time unattended. Both are 300 W LED and I’ve had them for nearly 2 years now, both have seen regular use their outright the two years.

So my question is this: is there a way to reset the fans? Do I have to open the casing? Is two years about right for LED grow lights and I should just get new ones?

A grinding sound means failing bearings.

Good quality fans are expensive and manufacturers are trying to hit a price point, so I'll bet they're using cheap fans.

Useful trivia: Cheap fans often are designed to be run vertically only and wear out fast if used horizontally. (The bearings wear out fast when horizontal--sound familiar?)

So I'm sorry, but it sounds like you're going to have replace your fans or risk burning out your lights (unless they have over-temperature protection.)

I recommend DigiKey Electronics (DigiKey Electronics - Electronic Components Distributor) to find a replacement fan. They are a very well run company that have hundreds of fans (they have hundreds of everything electronic), so you should be able to find one that matches in size. If their huge stock overwhelms you, call them at 1-800-digikey, and ask an operator for help.

Love,
Your Australian Babe ;)

Well money is admittedly a bit a factor for me, these last two were $80 apiece.

Are there any good, and inexpensive brands you could recommend, or would you swear by what you use?

...at 80 bucks a light, I don't know if its worth the effort to replace the fans!??...if they're cheap enough and shipping is reasonable...maybe?...the replacement job would be easy enough...Mars Hydro a sponsor here has good entry level lights at reasonable prices, as do one of our newer sponsors...GroWant lights...George is a great guy to deal with...We have a number of other lighting sponsors as well, but I'm not familiar with their products...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

...at 80 bucks a light, I don't know if its worth the effort to replace the fans!??...if they're cheap enough and shipping is reasonable...maybe?...the replacement job would be easy enough...Mars Hydro a sponsor here has good entry level lights at reasonable prices, as do one of our newer sponsors...GroWant lights...George is a great guy to deal with...We have a number of other lighting sponsors as well, but I'm not familiar with their products...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:

You can get a cheap 120 millimeter square PC cooling fan for about $10.

If it's a common size fan and available cheap, it might cost out to replace it.

Or maybe just buy a $20 clip-on fan and blow that on it?

Back
Top Bottom