LED lights

mschviney9

Hello!

Someone recently told me that during the dark cycle in an indoor grow one can
use a L E D flashlight to go into the grow room (when necessary) and that the
plants will not be able to see the light and that it does not affect the plants.
THEN someone else said that L E D lights are NOT any safer than another light
of the same brightness, and that indeed some people were now using L E D's as
grow lights! That just amazes me... L E D lights are frightfully expensive (as
far as I have been able to tell) so it would be quite an investment! But that
would probably be offset after some time period by the savings on the power.

- M

That is true for green led's. Hydro shops sell green headlights for growers to use to see during the dark cycle.

And yes there are also led grow lights of all quality. One of the better one's seems to be the procyon 100, and our member Be Irie has a journal with this light. They run for about $575. It uses red and blue CREE LED's.

My (admittedly brief) internet search revealed to me that CREE is the company that makes the lights... is it also a category? Or is it more like that company is so big they have a line for growing plants?

Put out those good vibes that all plants seem to like...

- M

My (admittedly brief) internet search revealed to me that CREE is the company that makes the lights... is it also a category? Or is it more like that company is so big they have a line for growing plants?

Put out those good vibes that all plants seem to like...

- M

:clap:

If you are cash strapped go the CFL route. They are energy efficient and in numbers can be quite effective.

the Procyon 100 LED grow light uses CREE LED's. I beleive they (cree) hold the patent for that particular type of LED.

That's not true about Cree having the only LED's of the quality, power, and frequency's needed for use in growing. I'm using Ledengin LED's, they have power LED's mounted on a star for easy mounting on heat sinks.

Back
Top Bottom