Please ask 420magazine to stop censoring

ChicagoJoe

420 Member
Please stop your word replacement therapy.

These are some examples of word replacement. When the word after the equal sign is typed in 420 MAGAZINE'S forum (without the spaces), they are replaced with asterisks.

******* = c o c a i n e
*** = l s d
*************** = m e t h a m p h e t a m i n e

These are real words in our English language and we should be allowed to write and read them without being censored.

If their use on the forums is inappropriate on certain posts, the posts should be corrected on an individual basis.

CENSORSHIP SUCKS

Have you read the terms of use?

Forum Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting

Sometimes we slip up and include such a reference. I'd rather they automatically replace those words with asterisks than ban me for my indiscretion. Usually you get the idea of what was replaced by the context anyway.

This site is dedicated to MJ. There are other sites for other drugs. The owners have the right to run there site however they feel. And atleast for now its not a bad policy. It keeps some of the problem children off the site and keeps the issues focused on MJ.

It can be annoying but I do like this site and they run a tight ship, I don't mind a few words removed now and again. It's better than quite a few other sites out there who let you post any damn thing you want. That can get nasty. :peace:

again, dudes, thanks for chiming in.
the censorship blocks things like this.

I really love cannabis because you cannot die from smoking too much of it, unlike ******* and crack.

Yes Freak Sir, I read the forum guidelines. I didn't read anything about the censorship.

The only idea I got was that this site is censoring words in posts.

That's cool, speak your mind bro. This is a quote from the guidelines:

"Posts pertaining to other substances, including drugs, alcohol or tobacco are not permitted."

I think the real concern is probably posts advocating or discussing use of such things. Those types of posts are probably edited or deleted. In the context where they are referenced as negative, the words are stealthed by asterisks. Part of the concern is probably the ability of search engines to find that stuff on this site, which isn't desirable.

That's cool, speak your mind bro. This is a quote from the guidelines:

"Posts pertaining to other substances, including drugs, alcohol or tobacco are not permitted."

I think the real concern is probably posts advocating or discussing use of such things. Those types of posts are probably edited or deleted. In the context where they are referenced as negative, the words are stealthed by asterisks. Part of the concern is probably the ability of search engines to find that stuff on this site, which isn't desirable.

Thank you, and I agree.
My problem isn't with deleting posts pertaining to other substances. It is specifically with replacing a banned word every time it is used in any context.

Plus, some words are banned, but other words like 'crack' can't be banned. Because even though some peeps use it, other peeps might be trying to fill them to prevent light leaks.

But if I want to give directions for someone visiting me to take Lake Shore Drive (commonly shortened to L S D without the spaces), it will look like this:

take *** north and exit belmont

Another reason it is kind of a useless feature is that it can easily be hacked.
IE. Crack C0caine is bad for you.

I'm just asking that we get with the times and don't ban a word just because.

Look at what banning cannabis did to us?

some words are auto edited because of strains named after other drugs in grow thread titles. we don't wish to confuse people about things. unfortunately this bleeds over into other posts from time to time. it is allowable to mention other drugs when in proper context as stated in the guidelines but the auto edit might kick in. so try just adding an asterick on your own when saying something like 'her*oin and Cannabis should not be in the same drug classification'.

its not about censorship its about keeping this site online.
don't be surprized if this thread has some editing done.

420 mag
and all you moderators

you guys rock.
seriously. this is THE site.

my beef has been addressed and I consider the case closed.
Thank you for your posts and IM's.

Rock Out
with your cock out

LOL

Back
Top Bottom