Legalization and Profits

Also don't forget industrial hemp use as well. Currently I assume that industrial hemp and smokeable cannabis, are broken into two strains. However if legalized, I could see a lot of farmers growing crops that produce a buzz as well as produce rope, cloth, food all from the same strain.

And trust me if there isn't a strain like that on the market, there would be within a year of legalization.

FreakNature - I am in the middle of my first couple of grows, and it is very, very exciting... However I only do this because I feel the risks of growing my own are less than me purchasing. I love all you growers that have shared so much in these forums, but to be honest, if we legalize I would craigslist most of my gear, and I promise I will buy my first big bag from you at twice current prices (of course I want a nice fancy package, and I should have the option to gift wrap it). I am willing to pay a higher freedom tax that profits growers and the gov, than the current black-market tax. But I may be in the minority.

But I want to point out what an exciting point in history we are seeing, that there is a good chance in the next few years we may get to find out how this conversation plays out, as opposed to any other point in the last 80 or so, where this discussion would have been so far from reality that we wouldn't have bothered with it.

Freak, you have some good points, but I hope you are wrong, I want to pay you some serious cash. I want you to go on kick ass vacations, have your dream car, and send your kids to school on my dime (and ½ and oz and pound). I want to bitch about the high price of weed, and how you damn growers keep charging me too much (but just a little less than what it would take to push me over the edge to buy my own equipment again) :>

:peace:,
Your first legal customer,
Loch

Loch, that's awfully kind of you. Rest assured, in those days, if the demand is there the supply will follow.

...I also see that profit may be a reason full legalization without restraint will be difficult. Maintaining legal restraints on Cannabis allows people to work within the legal system to build businesses that provide them with a way to make a living doing something they love. Often, there are profits involved. This is motivation enough to want to keep Cannabis from being completely legal without restraints, because if that were the case the supply could exceed the demand and the business model fails.

Maintaining such legal restraints and perpetuating elements of reefer madness may become an agenda pushed by profit seeking people within the culture, to the detriment of sick and hurting people.

Now see, I think profit is a good thing. Lots of good things come from profits, and I think that mindfully taxing profits from cannabis sales can fully fund such elusive unicorns as a fully functional health care system that would benefit everyone county, state and nationwide.

I would prefer no regulations at the onset--simply because those that are in power have no true conception of cannabis, its users, and its uses. Yes, some business models will fail--many do anyway every day. It's a way to learn what works and what doesn't. Regulating from inception will cause far more failures than it will successes, and hobble the creativity necessary for new and innovative things. It would be as much a quagmire as our present 215/420 laws are now, giving the power away to a handful of city planners on how cannabusinesses operate. They have largely shown themselves to be antagonistic towards anything cannabis/hemp related--how on earth would it be beneficial to allow haters to regulate businesses they don't want to see or hear about or support in any way? Every business model would fail due to the unfair and biased ideals of the few....and I for one do not want to give my freedom of innovation and creativity away to those that seek to destroy it from within. I would prefer for the industry to fund health and social welfare programs with taxes, but let the industry self-regulate its own evolution.

couldn't have put it better Irish

I would prefer no regulations at the onset--simply because those that are in power have no true conception of cannabis, its users, and its uses. Yes, some business models will fail--many do anyway every day. It's a way to learn what works and what doesn't. Regulating from inception will cause far more failures than it will successes, and hobble the creativity necessary for new and innovative things. It would be as much a quagmire as our present 215/420 laws are now, giving the power away to a handful of city planners on how cannabusinesses operate. They have largely shown themselves to be antagonistic towards anything cannabis/hemp related--how on earth would it be beneficial to allow haters to regulate businesses they don't want to see or hear about or support in any way? Every business model would fail due to the unfair and biased ideals of the few....and I for one do not want to give my freedom of innovation and creativity away to those that seek to destroy it from within. I would prefer for the industry to fund health and social welfare programs with taxes, but let the industry self-regulate its own evolution.

No matter if it's legal or not I will grow my own . I don't trust the man to do anything for me !! If they make it legal I won't go to Wall Marts and buy it by the lb. cause I don't trust them !! I just want to be left free to do as I please ! I'm getting ready to someday retire but after busting my ass for over 40 years in the constuction business all I have to look forward too is a few bucks from SS . I plan on growing for myself and maybe a bit extra to help support myself when my ol body just can't do the work anymore. I don't need any stinken gov fool telling me what is safe or legal.. I would love to join with a group of like minded people and buy a small town somewhere and make our own laws, and maybe a communal garden Hmmm that almost sounds too good to be possible !!?? Excuse the ramblings of an ol hippy too high to walk to the coffee shop yet ..:peace:

cannabis should be treated the same as a tomato

yeah maaan; cannabis catsup; cannabis salsa; cannabis paste; cannabis juice....

There is your niche bro!!! LOL ;)

Why is illegal immigrants even an issue in this thread? I have never seen any of the immigrants I know take a job away from anybody unless that person did not want to do it.

legalization
will jus result in more illegal immigrants
working the new labor jobs
so it technically wont help unemployment

Why is illegal immigrants even an issue in this thread? I have never seen any of the immigrants I know take a job away from anybody unless that person did not want to do it.

Nor have I, guero. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom