Legalize or Eliminate?

GODhelpUS

i got into a convo with one of my straightedge friends, very educated. Well i was talking to him about the legalization of drugs, he agreed i shouldnt be sent to jail for drug charges but you have to put the line somewhere. please anyone list any reasons as to why you think marijuana should be LEGAL. or reasons to why it shouldn't be legal?

I guess the only like somewhat legitimate reason not to is because the government will give us shitty weed. But you could also grow so that is somewhat void. Some people don't want another substance legal. Alcohol already is legal so people feel why do we need more drugs. Thats what my mom says atleast and I somewhat agree but I think cigs shouldnt be legal.

GODhelpUS said:
my friends answer to that was that most people start with weed, and if they legalize weed then where does it stop, do they make cocaine legal? heroin legal? crack legal? Also, it's not like all we're dealing with is a risk of getting a drug charge. If everyone just started following the laws, or the government just started making MAJOR busts, we'd be left with no marijuana, and they can ultimately eliminate the plant from existence.

Your friend is wrong. Most people who try marijuana dont move onto harder drugs. If it was legalized, the rate of use of other drugs would drop. Your not going to a dealer who sells all drugs, your going to the corner store to get a pack of joints. The guy at the store isnt going to sell you crack. He might sell you a bag of doritos, but no crack. :cheesygrinsmiley:

BongoJongo said:
I guess the only like somewhat legitimate reason not to is because the government will give us shitty weed. But you could also grow so that is somewhat void. Some people don't want another substance legal. Alcohol already is legal so people feel why do we need more drugs. Thats what my mom says atleast and I somewhat agree but I think cigs shouldnt be legal.
Because being illegal doesn't stop anyone and only makes the problems associated with drug use worse.

Well legalization of all drugs is just rediculous. Marijuana is no where near as bad as other illegal drugs. Marijuana does have medical uses. There aren't many health problems associated with its use. When used responsibly it is safe. Marijuana shouldn't be put in the same catagory as other illegal drugs. I say we outlay tobacco and legalize marijuana as a replacement. There are a lot of reasons for legalization. Unless someone has used marijuana they don't really understand. They just believe what is told to them by the government.

Tobacco Kills...
But Is Still Legal...

Weed Gets You High...
So For That Its Illegal???

I Think That People Should Be Able To Smoke In Their Home Or In Privacy But Not In Public At Least...

THe whole weed being a gateway drug bothers me in the sense that I was doing cocaine a long time before i ever tried pot. I went to one of those high schools that all the kids were doing coke and there was a small group of stoners. It wasn't until after the doctor told me the coke would kill me that I discovered weed. As far as reasons it should be legal. THere are medical ecological and government reasons to legalize, medical is a given, Our government would benefit because we will be able to tax it, we won't be paying for pot heads to be inprisioned when who are they hurting anyway. The nature side of it goes from a range of its always better to be growing more things for more oxygen to hemp is one of the strongest fibers known to man, second to spider silk. And dude it would just be cool to get stoned legally. If I have missed anything I'msorry i'm baked

Personally, I don't give a damn in hell about who uses what, no matter what it is they choose. As long as they don't drive screwed up I'm good. Because yeah, meth and heroin are bad drugs of choice in my opinion, but I'm not gonna tell someone they can't use something because I don't. People who use drugs do it to their own body and it's their choice, therefore I don't believe anyone should be prosecuted for any drug use, cultivation/manufacture, or distribution. like I said... as long as they don't drive messed up..

Well there is a lot more harmful drugs then needed and for the people who do the drugs, yes its their choice and shouldn't be put into trouble really. However, if it wasn't for the dealer then it wouldn't be put into their hands in the first place. Thats why they're trying to eliminate ways of these drugs and prosecute anyone. I agree with we shouldn't get rid of any plants ,because who knows if we ever find out we need them for something past our knowledge. People who have meth labs, cook crack, and whatever else where they're just fucking with drugs or creating new deadly ones, they should be prosecuted hard. (thats how i believe anyway.)

but you have to put the line somewhere.
WHy? And who draws this line? For what purpose? Why are we drawing the line with drugs as opposed to, oh, say Coffee? Or Oranges?

So please anyone list any reasons as to why you think marijuana should be LEGAL. or reasons to why it shouldn't be legal?
Marijauna should be legal because it exists. Responsible people can use marijuana without theratning society in any manner. Marijuana is also an extremely theraputic drug that helps many people suffering not only from daily joint pain and ailments, but also from serious diseases susch as aids, cancer, and glaucoma.
Marijauna also has the potential to stimulate our ecnoomy in a large way. Overnight, a huge market for both sellers and consumers would emerge. Pot bars would open up, seed dealers would begin businesses, planters, farmers, and home growers would be able to sell their product. Billions of dollars annualy wasted in an attempt to eradicate a harmless plant will instead be directed towrds more noble and useful purposes, such as homelessness, joblessness, and the general welfare of our nation.
I guess the only like somewhat legitimate reason not to is because the government will give us shitty weed.
Well, if Marijauna was legalizde, then you wouldnt (and shouldnt) rely on the government for ANY type of marijauana. You should/could grow it yourself, or puerchase it from local growers or corporations that will, most likely, package and sell it.
my friends answer to that was that most people start with weed, and if they legalize weed then where does it stop, do they make cocaine legal?
Your friend is making shit up. Please send me concrete evidence that links marijauan to future drug use. I think everyone on this messaeg baord started with Alcohol. FUrthermore, what gives your friend the moral high ground to tell me what I can and can not, or should or should not, injest, inhale, or DO to my own body? How would he like it if I told HIM what he should be doing. I'd like to hear an argument as to why a person shouldn NOT be able to injest, inhale, or inject whatever they wish into their bodies. Your friend really isnt that smart, that argument alone is a fallacy, since the effects of cocaine and heroine are nowhere NEAR the effects of marijuana.
Also, it's not like all we're dealing with is a risk of getting a drug charge. If everyone just started following the laws, or the government just started making MAJOR busts, we'd be left with no marijuana, and they can ultimately eliminate the plant from existence.
So if the government made it a 100 dollar finable offense to fuck, you'd be ok with that because it's JUST a 100 dollar fine? And I dont know where you live or where you are from, but the prison system is FILLED with drug offenders. Laws based on private morality, such as "being on drugs is baaaaad", will never recieve 100% compliance. Thats why the drug HAS NOT been eliminated, despite the governments best efforts to do so. You seem to know little of our own history....the government tried to "completely elimate" alcohol. How well did that private morality exercise work out?
Well legalization of all drugs is just rediculous.
Why? On what grounds do you base intoxicatin by mairjauna acceptable, but intoxication by another drug inacceptable,. Taht seems increibly hypocritical to me. Either a person has a right to do what they want to their bodies, or they do not. How do you justify telling me what I can and can not do to myself? How does what I do to myself affect you, and if it DOESNT, why are you telling me what to do?
I say we outlay tobacco and legalize marijuana as a replacement.
WHy should we outlaw tobaco??? This makes no sense. It is possible for adults to make their own decisions about their own lives and health. People do unhealthy shit all the time,. beacuse something is unhealthy does not give the gvoernment the right to tell people they can not do that, unless it affects the populace. SMoking a ciggerette only affects an individual, not the populace.
Personally, I don't give a damn in hell about who uses what, no matter what it is they choose.As long as they don't drive screwed up I'm good.Because yeah, meth and heroin are bad drugs of choice in my opinion, but I'm not gonna tell someone they can't use something because I don't. People who use drugs do it to their own body and it's their choice, therefore I don't believe anyone should be prosecuted for any drug use, cultivation/manufacture, or distribution. like I said... as long as they don't drive messed up..
FInaly, some common sense :) Im simply stunned at the hypocracy many of the pot smokers are demonstrating.
I think all drugs should be legal. Let people decide for themselves what they want to do. Let people get all screwed up on drugs, let people OD and die. Its part of natural selection.
Wait a minute....you want people to take responsibility for their own actions and their own lives????? ARE YOU CRAZY???????? LOL, just kidding of course. Yet another common sesne response. Whew, I was losnig all hope there for a minute.
People who have meth labs, cook crack, and whatever else where they're just fucking with drugs or creating new deadly ones, they should be prosecuted hard. (thats how i believe anyway.)
WHY? WHat is moraly wrong with a person injesting a substance to feel high or to esacpe reality? And how is this different in any way from smoking pot?
-PM

4DeuceZero said:
Man stick head in lions mouth, gets head bitten off. GEE I think i wont stick my head in a lions mouth.

Law makes it illegal to stick head in lions mouth. I think i will stick my head in a lions mouth because it is illegal and i would like to see what might happen.

GOOD POINT...:cheesygrinsmiley:

MG420 said:
alcohol and cigs all ready kill more people than anything else, so why not just put the same laws on pot, 18 or 21 yrs old to purchase, tax it so there is a profit for the govt, those who are found guilty of possession like young kids will get in trouble, its as simple as coming up with the laws to regulate alcohol and cigs, pot will give you a better out look on life. anymore questions lol

See, The thing is they cant tax it .... Well they can to a certain extent, For lazy people or who just dont have the time to grow, will be the ones getting taxed. But why would they pay tax when they can get it somewhere( smokers have to know how to get it you know ... ) with no tax ? I believe the reason its illegal is becaues they cant tax it .... think about it, cigs kill people every day .... yet the goverment can tax that, i dont know anyone that grows there own tobacco .... But weed, theres lots and lots of people that know how to grow that, and if it becomes legal you will see people like MV( no offense ), getting rich off this .... I know i'd be sending him some money to send me some of his dankest buds lol ....

Back
Top Bottom