Let's talk about watering

Hi ZigZag69,

Since I haven't had the occasion previously, let me start by welcoming you to :420:!

I'm sorry if I'm being a little dense here, but not sure what specifically you are looking for. Without sounding like a smarta** (I hope) I'm going to say "Dry'ish!" is the desired moisture level for cannabis regardless of container size. Overwatering is easy to do, but detrimental to our beloved plants.

If you'd like to post some pictures, I think the community will gladly help evaluate if your girls are getting a little too much liquid love or not.

Be well, happy growing, and again-welcome to 420 Magazine!

water from your fish tanks?
I guess for the waste good way to get rid of it but
what amendments in your soil? what kind of soil?
and as far as watering goes you should know the dry weight of your pot with soil
that way you know when its dry
you gotta let it dry out before you water it and when you water it make sure your watering thoroughly
I just see water coming out the bottom and its all good
but make sure you let it dry out before you water it
also note that if its too dry everythings gonna droop and a little while after you water it itll perk up but you shouldn't let it get to that point
we all forget to water sometimes and it doesn't kill the plant but don't forget too often or you might stress it out too much
know the dry weight of the pot with soil so you know when its dry and when to water :thumb:

Hi chronic... I was a bit wrecked last night so here are the details

My soil mix 80% compost with added perlite, 10 % sharp sand and 10% bone meal.. I have dressed the top of the pots with worm castings. Theses were harvested from my lawn..

Yes the tank water has loads of nutients in it, especially when i hoover the gravel. I have added 2 teaspoons of wood ash to the nute mix, to provide more micro elements.
Yesterday i hoovered the gravel in my nursery tank and got a litre and half of good stuff..

Heres my food mix

image5928.jpg

:Namaste:

image5898.jpg

And heres my auto#1 at 3 1/2 weeks

don't forget even tho its natural nutes id suggest flushing before harvest
some people don't think its a necessity but I had a friend once
who grew out a plant using lots of rabbit doodoo crap feces droppings whatever you wanna call it lol
there was no flush involved he said it gave him headaches lol
this was many moons ago tho
just a thought
looks nice and green :thumb:

the best way is to pick them up and feel the weight works everytime mj doesnt like to have its feet wet constantly the plants should tell u when they need watering.the roots grow more when you water on time because they grow to find the water!!

I will flush em dude, with just tank water and no poo at the end of cycle... Dont wanna risk blazing a doobie and tastes horrible..
Play on the safe side i reckon..

As rico says, the added bonus is the live nitrifying bacteria that is contained in the filter/ water.also it is not raw like tap water so softer on the plants..

Your way of watering is how ive been doing it, uour comments reaffirm my research findings, so thanks for that..

I would have explained this properly last night but i spent more time deleting mistakes than actual typing. :lot-o-toke::peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom