Light deprivation & going back to nature's rhythm?

Curly Beaver

I have several sativa's that I wheel in and out of my garage every day at 7AM and back in at 7PM, (6 weeks so far) as I want to be certain they have enough time to finish.
My question is...... as the days get shorter is there a point where I could leave the plants outside and not have to worry about them re-vegging, or is it best to continue for another 8 or 9 weeks? I had thought about slowly increasing the time in the dark but in another 4 weeks we will still have something like 14 1/2 hours of day light.
Thanks

Are they sativas or "got some sativa I'tm them?"

I ask because a lot of (most of?) pure sativas evolved at or very close to the equator. The day/night length at the equator is 12 hours each, year round, and close to that near the equator.

For those, I'd put up with the inconvenience.

If they're just some kind of sativa-leaning hybrids, they might not actually require a full 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness to begin with, just close to that amount. And they may be less likely to revert to the growth phase, too.

I'm still not sure I'd take the chance, lol. Because it's kind of hard to quantify which stains require how many hours of uninterrupted darkness... until you experiment.

Some folks will flower under a light schedule of 11/13 or even 10/14 in order to quicken flowering (and, occasionally, in an attempt to minimize foxtailing under strong light conditions). They might do this from day one of the following cycle or at some point after it has already begun. So that's an option if you're in a hurry.

They are pure sativas.

Malawi, Panama and Purple Haze X Malawi by Ace, and Bodhi's Acapulco Gold.

Back
Top Bottom