Light? for butcher

barrio

I READ YOUR RE POST.I HAVE A 250H.P.S AND WAS GOING TO USE IT FOR WHOLE :grinjoint::smokin::popcorn:GROW WAS WONDERING IS IT A GOOD IDEA OR SO I GET A HID THE SYSTEM IS FLOOD AND DRAIN.ANY HELP IS WELCOMED FREE TOKERS OF DA WORLD

Re: Light?for butcher

Quick, hit the button directly above your left SHIFT button lol - I'm having flashbacks to 1979 and I'm not even high.

Can use a high pressure sodium for the entire grow. In fact, if you only have one light, it's better to have a HPS than a MH.

But if I was doing it and I wanted to keep node spacing down I would probably hang a few 6500K spectrum CFLs around. Maybe one 26-watt one at each corner and one directly between each (for a total of eight). That would allow me to use a slightly larger space than if I were using the 250-watt HPS by itself. It would also allow me to save electricity because I'd start with a couple of the CFLs, then add a couple more, and so on until I'd added all of them (as the plants grew). Then I could either turn on the HPS or wait until I switched to flowering.

Can get by with less light in vegetative phase than in flower.

Quick, hit the button directly above your left SHIFT button lol - I'm having flashbacks to 1979 and I'm not even high.

i laughed but then i realized i don't know what that means.. :roorrip: hahaha

i laughed but then i realized i don't know what that means.. :roorrip: hahaha

My first computer experience was in '79 and although the thing had a lower-case mode, using it replaced the "graphic" characters so it was generally SHOUTING AT EVERYONE lol.

Sorry, just having a little fun on a less-than-fun night.

I wish I had that computer now. Thing must have weighed 60 pounds and I taught myself BASIC on it with absolutely no documentation by taking apart others' programs line-by-line and trying to figure out what each command did.

I wish I had that computer now. Thing must have weighed 60 pounds and I taught myself BASIC on it with absolutely no documentation by taking apart others' programs line-by-line and trying to figure out what each command did.

You know, I did the same thing...Then BASICA...then COBOL...then FORTRAN...god tourtured, we're getting old.

You know, I did the same thing...Then BASICA...then COBOL...then FORTRAN...god tourtured, we're getting old.

Nah.

Like the movie says, Still Smokin'.

hey guys whats up? hows it?

I just read your post barrio..

sorry so late for a reply.. /i just saw a video on youtube where a guy grew 6+ oz's- 1 platnt with a 250 watt h.p.s.. i'll try to find it and post.
not bad either..

so you decide on the net sea of green?
pvc or table?

Hay wuz up butcher? Sorry took so long to get back had hard drive probs.but anyway abotu the whole sea of green i really don't no what it is was wondreing could you expline and the whole net system thing what is it used for. Oh yeah i'm ah use a table

imagine if you will a green forst with as many trees as you can fit in youspace..but the trick is to have the plant concentrait in the tops rather then the entire plant..somepeople call it lollypopping the plant..

I suggest to prune the plant so it grows as a cola from the bottom up..

How do I grow single cola style, sea of green Ebb & Flow ?

this is a great guide..i swear..trust me the guy who did this has it set up proper..

here are some pics:

91 chemdawg
IMG_00164.JPG

pre 91-bubba kush
resize2.jpg

Hey Butcher, Im very impressed! You know your stuff. Have you ever used T-5's? I hear they work very well even for flowering with the correct bulbs. I noted from you the magic number Of inches from the t-5's is no closer than 4''. I have read "close as possible" not correct, I fried 2 of my gals the first night, they do put out heat. What type are your ladies? They sure look fine! Im a new-b 1st indoor grow and trying Big Bud. TKS for you feedback Red

yeah no closer then 4 inches.all bulbs have some sort of heat build up.t5's can work for both like you said"with the right bulbs".
thanks for the comment.in my grow? thier 96 bubba kush, and yes the clones of the o.g mom has been going since 1996.And rainbow kush is the second.Big bud can produce some huge cola's.so get some sticks to hold them fatties up.
Hit me up if you have anymore questions.you can p.m me if you like either way works.

Re:proven Nutes

Hey Butcher, What kind of nutes do you use? All my grows were outside until now. Iv used alfalfa pellets. They are dirt cheep, NATURAL and high in nit content, about $7.00 pr 50 lbs. at the local CO OP I put about 2-3" in a plastic gallon milk jug and fill it with water. Let soak overnight and shake it. Pour the juice around outside plants and they love it. NOW I understand why it worked well. I live on limestone (basically) and it kept my soil PH in range. I watered every other day. Im taking PH 101 now...LOL. Im trying to get a hold on my indoor gals. Can you suggest an afordable ACURATE PH tester? I have 2 now and im just not confident with their repeatability. Have you ever flowered with T-5? OR LED's...they do sound interesting aim at a specific wavelength. Thanks again for your time! Red

hey Barrio you still around? hows the grow going? is it still up and poppin?

thanks for the props red-cricket

t5's as an experiment they didnt do to bad.i should say i helped set up a friends t5 and guided him the entire grow.WOW was that a task. I was there EVERYDAY babysitting him on the whole grow , cause he wanted tme to make sure he didnt screw it up.it was a success.The nugs came out decent, not dense as hell but pretty good tasteing and looking.I'll see if he's got any picts.I'm sure he does i'll post as soon as i can get them.
AS far as
l.
e.
d goes. I cant say that i've worked with them much but however i do know some peeps Making their own.Its actully cheaper to make then most people know.

I found some info on how to make your own.There was this lady who made her out of christmas lights.It worked, i tried it. Its funny the seeds sprounted with no problem and grew but the down side is the plants were very "strechy" even with the lights very very close. if i can find the lights i will make a box and take picts and post. Its one of the most funniest and greatest cheapest grow boxes i've EVER built.

I hope i can find them it was sooo much fun making this box. If i cant then when the lights go on sale durring the christmas season then i'll make it then.The box serously cost me less then $10.00's to make and worked the whole grow.

Back
Top Bottom