Lighting idea?

luis1225

So im doing my 1st grow project and I'm pretty confused by all the lighting options, so I have decided to start my first week with in my 5x5x84 tent with 12-15 plants to go with (2) 200w cfl lights for the 1st week under light, then 3-4 weeks under 800w led then flower with 1k watt hps system to bring it home. Any one think im nuts, can this be good or dont really matter ??? My grow starts this week

Re: Lighting idea????

That is a lot of money to spend on lighting....

If the 1k ballast is digital, it likely will support the ability to use both MH and HPS bulbs.

This would allow you to start with CFLs, then move to the MH, and then flower under the HPS.

If your ballast also has a dimmer function - you can even set the 1K down to a lower power for the vegging. You don't really need 1000W for vegging - 500W should be fine.

This gets rid of a very expensive light (an 800W LED) and will produce better plants, IMO. Cheaper and better quality - an unusual combination.

That is a lot of money to spend on lighting....

If the 1k ballast is digital, it likely will support the ability to use both MH and HPS bulbs.

This would allow you to start with CFLs, then move to the MH, and then flower under the HPS.

If your ballast also has a dimmer function - you can even set the 1K down to a lower power for the vegging. You don't really need 1000W for vegging - 500W should be fine.

This gets rid of a very expensive light (an 800W LED) and will produce better plants, IMO. Cheaper and better quality - an unusual combination.

Thank you for the info , 1 more ?

How many watt cfl and how many bulbs for 15 plants ?

Thank you for the info , 1 more ?

How many watt cfl and how many bulbs for 15 plants ?

I am not a CFL expert... I only use them for early vegging and cloning work. And I know that the one I have is overkill for that job.

Hopefully someone will come along and help you out.

I have decided to veg my seedlings from the 1st day planted in soil under 200w cfl thats 600w equivalent then my Mh should be in a week later

I have decided to veg my seedlings from the 1st day planted in soil under 200w cfl thats 600w equivalent then my Mh should be in a week later

You will be just fine then. :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom