Lighting trouble 600w

ESPLTD

This is my first grow. I've had most of my questions answered except for the lighting ones. I've seen tons on everyone's different lighting methods and distances for the lights from plants. One thing I'm really struggling on finding as a topic is light distance BASED ON WATTAGE. I'm assuming that someone with a 400 watt light and someone with a 600 watt light would place them at different distances, yes? I running a 600 MH bulb, and I'm concerned that the top layer of soil is drying out entirely to quickly. I don't want my my new sprouts burning up so I'm really not sure what distance to keep the light at for the perfect amount of lighting. The ballast does have 50%, 75%, and 100% setting. So far I've kept it on 50%. Also, how soon after the sprouts come up should I water? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I also wanted to ask about putting tinfoil up in a grow room. If I find that maybe I do need to back the light off of them some...then what about coating the room in foil and moving the pots out of direct light and they get light via reflection. Yes or no?

I got something better for you than getting a ruler. Take your light, turn it on. Now put your wrist upside down at the same height as the canopy. Is it uncomfortable? Too low, raise it until it is comfortable. This works for ANY wattage! How amazeballs!

No to tin foil. Paint the space flat white. Tin foil wrinkles which can cause hotspots.

Back
Top Bottom