Lighting upgrade dilemma.

VxXxV

I'm normally a lurker just reading journals and discussions but I have a choice to make and thought I would ask for some opinions before making it. I have 2 successful grows under my belt and I think it's time to upgrade my lighting. Currently I'm running a 150w hps all in one ballast/reflector from sun systems. I know I want to go bigger and I'm undecided if I want to go to 400w or 600w. On one hand 600w will cover a bigger area and produce more and bigger buds, on the other hand my growing area is pretty much as big as it can get and 400w will more than cover my growing area, then theres the extra heat to consider. Then again if i scrog i can probably get creative with some double or triple topping/fimming to pack a screen full and the 600w would be more of an asset. Then again I'm not looking to become a commercial grower, just a personal gardner. Also if I go with the 400w I might have enough cash to pick up some beans and grow something other than bagseed, damn decent for bagseed, but bagseed just the same.

If this doesnt make sense its because I am baked. or that could be part of it anyway.

I think I have decided to go with the 400w. It will more than cover my growing area and should increase my yield by quite a bit. Hopefully enough yield to last until next harvest, which will be twice as many ladies as last time, with the new light.

Back
Top Bottom