Lighting

Nofoodorsleep

Hello,
I'm new at this .I've only grown 3-4 times. I have a three foot Northern Lights blue plant. Ive clipped all bottom limbs and shes pretty much growing some nice colas on top. Since i've removed here big fan leaves i've noticed shes growing thirdary leaves ha ha. I mean it looks like shes going back into veg state. Should i turn my metal halide light off once plants start flowering,and let the High pressure sodium do its work?

The veg and flowering stage is controlled by the length of night. Cannabis requires at least 12 hours of darkness to begin (and stay in) the flowering cycle. The type of lighting you have over the plant only controls photo-metamorphosis and what light receptors are functioning. The leaves of the plant are what produce the sugers that the rest of the plant uses as energy to grow and produce flowers. If you have removed all of the leaves, the plant will try everything in it's power to produce more leaves to produce the energy it needs to survive.

To answer your question: Unless the temperature is raising out of control, the more light the better (up to the saturation point).

Hi Nofoodorsleep.

Welcome to 420 Magazine and the community of members that gathers here!

Not sure I'm best suited to provide an answer, but I suspect that follow and are more experienced will want to know a few particulars. What is the light schedule currently? 12/12 already? Are both the MH and HPS the same strength/wattage? How far into flower are you (weeks since flip or flower)?

Again welcome to the site and community!

Shes under13/11 light schedule ....i've really screwed up removing too many leaves!!! the damage is done that is why i only have one growing ... I'm not going to grow a large crop until i learn how to really grow. Im really sick I have a loss of platelet disorder called I.T.P. and a mass cell distruction disorder. Im really to sick to be doing this but i have no chose! And I really appriciate any good info I can get ....Thanks to you wonderful people!!!

OOOhhhh Yeah........ Ive got her growing in thirty gallons of soil. Hopefully she will snap back. Ive smoked some of her bud that was not ready, and got really good effects! So i know she will be awesome in four more weeks when shes ready to cure! THANKS:Namaste:

Thanks TanR shes in 13/11 and shes got four more weeks of flowering im running 400 of HPS and 400 of MH. Thanks for all your help!:thanks:

Is there a particular reason you're running 13/11 and not 12/12? I've never heard of anyone doing this. My understanding is that they need those 12 hours of darkness.

Back
Top Bottom