Lights

luvsmokinweed

Is this enough light for a good flowering?;

1x 50w(200w eq) CFL 2700k 3860L
2x 23w(100w eq) CFL 2700k 1500L
1x 100w MH 6000k I was told this puts out about 30,000L im not sure if its true or not.

My friend says he grows 15 plants under his 100w MH in a corner of the room with no reflection material from start to finish and always has monster buds. I told him I was going to mimic his set up with the addition of CFLs with the red/orange color for more of a full spectrum but he told me its a waist of energy because the difference in my final product would be little to nothing at all!!

I DISAGREE!! Am I wrong??:Namaste:

you want 6500 kelvin for vegetative growth and 2700 kelvin for flowering, your highest lumen light is 6000 kelvin. i am not sure how well your flowering will proceed without more lumens in the 2700 kelvin range.

Would love to see pics of his plants hard to believe 15 under a single 100w MH I am running a 600w HPS and usually put 9 in a 3x3 square, added light will always help the more the better we are trying to mimic the sun so the more the better, I would say the added 300 w of light will help you out and keep the plants more compact and less stretch as long as the cfl's are close to the plant, 6200 lumens for 15 plants is a little much I am running at around 90,000 lumens and feel it isn't enough at times, best of luck would love to see some pics OG.

you want 6500 kelvin for vegetative growth and 2700 kelvin for flowering, your highest lumen light is 6000 kelvin. i am not sure how well your flowering will proceed without more lumens in the 2700 kelvin range.

Yes I agree, but with a mix of both wouldn't I be hitting more of a full spec.? Also if I have more 2700k wouldn't I be mimicking more of a late session (flowering indicating) Sun spectrum?

Would love to see pics of his plants hard to believe 15 under a single 100w MH I am running a 600w HPS and usually put 9 in a 3x3 square, added light will always help the more the better we are trying to mimic the sun so the more the better, I would say the added 300 w of light will help you out and keep the plants more compact and less stretch as long as the cfl's are close to the plant, 6200 lumens for 15 plants is a little much I am running at around 90,000 lumens and feel it isn't enough at times, best of luck would love to see some pics OG.

I said the same thing lol but since we both agreed not to show each other our grows for safety purposes, I dnt have any proof to what he says. I figure I could trust him enough not to have to lie (for what reason) about his methods of growing. Anyway I will be showing you all the proof of any legends I tell of my grows with pics :)!!! Also thank for the bit of info on my question!! :Namaste:

Now remember everyone,... I did not say that my friend was telling the truth, I said these are just the things he has told me. I HAVE seen some huge buds of his, but that's still not proof that he grew them using the methods he said or even grew them at all!!!! Maybe he didn't think I would really get into growing and he could just lie to me about it!?!? Well he was wrong if that's what he thought!!!! Im almost thinking twice about using his so called "SECRET" Soil and Nutes!!!

I'm running 20 under two 1,000 watt bulbs. I got a pound per light my last harvest... A single 100 watt bulb...?!?! Sorry brother but your friend isn't just blowing smoke up your ass he whipped out the hookah :hookah::rofl:

Yes I agree, but with a mix of both wouldn't I be hitting more of a full spec.? Also if I have more 2700k wouldn't I be mimicking more of a late session (flowering indicating) Sun spectrum?

i would not worry about providing a full spectrum during flowering, the plants mature and ripen perfectly well under 2700 kelvin. I use florescent lights for my mother plants and vegetative growth usually. I have used a 400 watt 4100 kelvin Metal Halide for vegetative growth and a 400 watt 2700 kelvin High Pressure Sodium for flowering in my seed cabinet project. perhaps your friend uses a 1000 watt light for his plants, 100 seems too low to provide that many lumens to that many plants. my choice would be to use a Metal Halide light for vegetative growth and a High Pressure Sodium light for flowering, a digital ballast could run both lamps.

Back
Top Bottom