Local Medical Marijuana Pioneer Talks Pot Culture

Weedpipe

420 Member
SANTA CRUZ, Calif.- Central Coast News did have a chance to go behind the secret gates of a grow operation. It was started decades ago by a woman who says she has one goal.

We are going to show it all to you and before we are through it may make you rethink what side you are on.

Plant after plant ripped from the earth year after year by the DEA; the worst kind of torture for WAMM members who are in constant pain from some sort of terminal illness.

In fact, federal agents probably know founders Valerie and Mike Corral better than some on their "most wanted" list.

"I was the first patient in the us to challenge the law of medical necessity," says Valerie Corral.

Valerie herself is epileptic, and has been able to control her seizures with the drug over the years. She says people understanding marijuana's value as a medicine is something that must not be lost on pot shops who are starting to see the value of its green in other ways.

"As often is the case people were enamored by the possibility to make money and they missed the point...we all could have really taken this so much further by not being greedy, it devalues the importance and potency of its effectiveness," Corral said.

And as Corral checks-in with those volunteers, members giving back to a cause that they say has given them a more peaceful life while they have it, Valerie says she's realistic that she can't help everyone who needs it.

"I'm not opposed to dispensaries, I'm grateful because they serve the needs of manywho have money, but I deal with people who can't maintain a position at their job," says Corral.

She also thinks that California, now making strides to pioneer the legalization of something that's been her life's passion, should be more careful, "The rest of America is not going to make the same mistakes that CA did, CA is out of control, but it also is the kind of testing ground for the possibility and the treatment for people who are sick and dying."

And its those people, the 200 who have passed in the last two decades, who cover the wall of WAMM like Chester Rowland, and Marie kardon, and Don McCabe who tell Valerie's story the best.

"We don't work with pot we work with people," Corral said.

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 Magazine - Cannabis Culture News & Reviews
Source: KION
Contact: KION - Monterey, Salinas, Santa Cruz - News Weather- - Home
Copyright: 2010 WorldNow and KION
Website:Local Medical Marijuana Pioneer Talks Pot Culture - KION

Back
Top Bottom