Looking for a Glassblower in Eastern KY

tooblunt

I am working on opening a head shop in eastern Kentucky (Morehead/Ashland, KY Area) and I want to stock it with local glass pieces. I have tried a Google search with no luck. I am actually in the Tri-State Area so if the glass blower is from Western WV -The Huntington, WV Area or from South East Ohio - The Iornton, OH Area that would work also.

I am looking for them to stock the shelves on a consignment basis.

If anyone knows a glass blower that might be interested

The Tamarack Center on I-77 at Beckley,WV. features WV blown art glass and contact info for the artists. I'm about 99% sure they have a website.

The Milton,WV. area would be a natural go to place for you. Blenko Glass was a going concern there until a couple of years back.(They may still be. They went broke,but the state of WV. was trying to prop them up w/ loans for limited runs a couple of years back.)

A number of local glass blowers around Milton are doing art glass now. The city of Milton has a Pumpkin Festival in the fall directly across the road from the Blenko plant. Check with the Milton Chamber of Commerce for info.

Feel free to PM me for more info. You can't throw a rock in that part of the country w/o hitting one of my relatives.

If you'll excuse me I'm going back to my bong and my Meigs County Red. I hope the above info helps you.

Back
Top Bottom