Looking for advice on Co2 in a 3x4x5’ tent for autos

HighK4

420 Member
Looking to see if anyone recommends using co2 to enhance auto my girls...I was told it to tight of a tent for co2..looking for advice

If you have maximized the amount of light-energy to that which is the maximum that your plants can use in the current level of CO₂, and plan on having your "day" temperature high enough to take advantage of both the increased CO₂ level and the increased light beyond the normal maximum level then... sure, it makes sense.

Your tent is NOT going to be airtight, though, even if you shut off any extraction fan that isn't separate from the general tent environment and cinch all the vents/ports closed. So you'll probably end up injecting more than you would if you were growing in the same sized space but with more solid walls. Probably won't be a significant problem with such a small volume of space, though.

Here is an article on CO₂ supplementation that has some good general information on the subject:
Code:
https://www.maximumyield.com/mastering-co2-ideal-co2-levels-for-growing-marijuana/2/4073

I probably wouldn't go over about 1,200 PPM or so, and that much only if my temperature and light levels supported it. My opinion is that the average personal grow isn't likely to (although it may benefit from a much milder increase in CO₂).

I'm just doing some research into C02, the thing I "missed" before is, that the C02 has to be turned off when the lights are off, also it has to be really at the high end of being hot - 30degrees C for C02 to work properly. My problems so far with C02: cost .. I have a nice cheap can of C02 - but the regulator will be around $50 CDN$, and the meter to measure C02 in the tent will cost at least another $100.. so is the benefit of C02 for a small tent owner, with those costs? Add in a monitor for C02, and the cost goes up by $$$.
How to Use CO2 to Increase Cannabis Yields! | Grow Weed Easy

One thing to remember is that the only recurring cost to a CO₂ setup is the actual gas - which you referred to as "cheap."

Everything else should be fine for many years. Well, you might have to deal with occasional bottle and/or valve replacement or recertification, but other than that.

Back
Top Bottom