Looking for DIY mold and fungus control.

Saturn

This is one place I didn't go DIY only because I wanted it now. It's for control of mold and fungus etc and raporizes the Sulpher creating a neutral PH environment that the mold and fungus don't like.

but it got me thinking of how to DIY and save a bunch of money. The cooker for the Sulpher is $127 plus tax. It's pretty much just an electric charcoal starter that a metal cup sits on.

How hot does a coffee pot get? I'll have to check mine.

But for way less money there has to be an easy safe way to solve this problem.

I'm thinking an old coffee pot would do the same thing? But I won't know til I check.

I don't have mold and fungus but I want to make sure it stays that way. I may have had some and didn't know it but preventative is the way I roll. :smokin:

After a few days treatment the mold or fungus that was growing turned white and fell off. You couldn't see it before I treated it. There wasn't much at all but it's nice to be ahead of it if you can be.

Just like the mites that I knew I would get, I started preparing for them before I even saw them but they came and went via Neem oil and dishwashing soap, works great.

could you elaborate on everything?

I'm surprised there is so little feedback on this topic.

The cooker is basically a burner that the alum pot sits on, 3"dia. 1/3 the way full of Elemental Sulpher. It vaporizes and makes the ph of the air in the room 7, which is neutral and mold and fungus can not live in that environment. Leave on for 2 hours to treat. CAn be done every day or once a week during the dark cycle.

I'm not sure how it effects blooming plants? I don't think it's a big negative because of the few I"ve talked to about it. I'll have to ask about it more in depth.

Back
Top Bottom