Lowryders

tasos

hi to all
does anyone grow lowryders?a friend gave me some seeds of that strain telling me that is taking 60 days from seed to harvest.
to tell you the truth i cant believe it
every grow that i made so far took me at least 3 months to harvest
is it too good to be true?
i ve placed them in 2 gallon pots under 400w powerplant hps cause there are also very small size plants,in a grow room
13 days know i allready have very healthy seedling.what to expect?
that in 50 days i will harvest?is it possible?
thanks.:peace:

1.) Its a Ruderalis, so 60 days is quite normal! Its called Autoflowering. Only Ruderalis does that.
2.) Dont be mad if it takes 80 days, some are faster some slower
3.) Yes it is too good to be (completely) true. The plant WILL be finished in arround 65days. Ripe to harvest! But dont expect any big yields or superiour quality. Ruderalis (the genetic that makes the strain flower so quickly) is not a very potent genetic so it waters down yield and quality for the sake of "Autoflowering".
4.) Get them 18-20h of light each day. They dont need 12/12 due to the "Autoflowering" but 18/6 at least all the time (veg AND flowering).

Here a quick comparison between the 3 genetics (Sativa, Indica, Ruderalis):
220px-Cannab2_new.png

I have a couple of sativa dom auto's going...at least they claim to be sativa dom? Jock Horror fem auto's to be exact. I've read people were having issues getting them to autoflower...even after 4-5 weeks....most auto's usually flower around week 3. Also since the JH is a sativa mix, they claim it will take longer than most....They are on 20/4 right now and at day 24 with no sign of flower....I'm going to give them 28-30 days at the current light schedule and if they don't start to show, I'm going to dial it down to 18/6 and hope it helps to induce? We will see.

So I guess I agree with Gonzobot...they are too good to be (completely) true....but I will add that they do serve a purpose for certain growers....

peace...

There are like 10000 different autoflower strains out there and not all have the reputation to... well autoflower always. Remember, the lowryder that started it all was alredy a mix between a ruderalis and a normal plant. If another breeder mixes a lowy again with another strain u alredy have a tripple hybrid.
On German forums Ive read so far that the classic strains (who are multy hybrid themselves) like NLXAuto, AK47XAuto and others like that often have alot non autoflower phenos.
I can second that as out of 10 RuderalisXSkunk from Sensi Seeds only 1 went into autoflower. Rest ended up with way over 1,50m close to 2m.

But there are alot of good autos out there. I recommend Sweet Seeds, Dinafem and (grrrr :( ) GreenOMatic from GH. But please stop growing autos under HPS lamps (all the wasted electricity for nooby buds). Just get a mostly Sativa and give it 12/12 from start if you have a short temper or a small tent.

Back
Top Bottom