Lundungurl's 2L Hempy Indoor Grow with T5 & CFL's - 2012/2013

lundungurl

Welcome to Lundungurl's 2L Hempie BPN indoor grow with T5 and CFL's 2012 and 2013

Hello all,
I have been on this site for awhile now, learning loads of information about different growing styles. I have decided to include a grow journal of my own. I'm currently finishing up a grow of Papaya and Pineapple chunk and just sprouted 3 new strains that I will be focusing on in this journal. The strains I sprouted are: Blueberry Headband, Double Glock and Vanilla Kush.

So, on with the show...

What strain is it? Blueberry Headband, Vanilla Kush and Double Glock

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?

Blueberry Headband Indica 75% / Sativa 25%
Vanilla Kush mostly indica
Double Glock 100% Indica

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg state

If in Veg... For how long? Popped out of soil on 12/22

If in Flower stage... For how long? N/A

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor

Soil or Hydro? Soil for Mums and then 2L Hempie for clones

If soil... what is in your mix? Organic with perlite, worm castings and a little OC+

If soil... What size pot? 1 Gal for Mums

Size of light? 27 watt CFL's

Is it aircooled? No

Temp of Room/cab? 75-80F

RH of Room/cab?35 to 50

PH of media or res? unknown

Any Pests ? Nope

How often are you watering? When pots feel light

So, the little ladies are only a couple days old and I will get some pics loaded in the morning to share with everybody (maybe some Papaya and Pineapple Chunk bud shots too). I just ordered the 3 part Blue Planet Nutrient Elite line and also the Liquid Blue bloom booster. So I hope to get those in awhile. I will be using the Pro Blend Pro in veg stage and then switch to BPN at flower.

There will be some additions and re-vamps to my grow area during this journal so stay tuned. Right now, my flower area is 5" x 2 1/2" x 5" high and made of wood and cardboard and has some light leaks so I'm collecting stuff to make a "real" flowering tent. I have the panda plastic, 2 zip wall zippers, a 6-Inch 240 CFM Inline fan and stuff to make a carbon filter. I will be using passive intake with hepa filters and my light setup is a 4' T5 High output light with 6 bulbs in the 2700 spectrum for flowering. I also have 8 27 watt CFL's for side lighting.

My veg area needs some help too so I will also build a 3" x 2" x 3" high veg area for my mums and my cloner. Well, I can't think of anything else right now so be looking for some pics tomorrow.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

:welcome:

Re: Lundungurl's 2L Hempie BPN indoor grow with T5 and CFL's 2012/2013

Thought I would give some info about the strains I'm growing:

Ripper Aeeds- Double Glock - Feminized

Sex: Feminized
Vegetative: 2 to 4 weeks.
Genotype: 100% Indica.
Flowering indoor: 60/65 days.
Flowering outdoor: end of September.
Production: High.
Effect: Physical / Relaxing.

This powerful 100% Indica variety, from the most remote valleys of Afghanistan has everything you could wish for. Stable, homogenous, productive making it the choice for your most prized crop.
These indica cannabis seeds have been specially selected for their powerful sedative physical effect, resulting in perfect therapeutic use / medicinal. A devastating effect and a choice for any lover of the purest Afghanistan. Double Glock needs a generous vegetative and feeding time. This genetic develops its full potential from the second week of growth.

Barney's Farm - Vanilla Kush - Feminized

Strain: Vanilla Kush
Breeder: Barneys Farm
Type: mostly indica
Flowering: ~63 days
Genetics: Kashmir Hash Plant X Kush
Yield: 600 gr/m²
Height: 65 cm
Flowering time: 9 weeks
Harvest time: End if September
THC: 22%
CBD: 1.2%

This incredible new Indica-dominant strain is one of the most fragrant, full-flavored and potent we’ve ever offered. The intense aromas from large, dense colas – heavily flecked with red and gold trichromes – bring to mind wild vanilla and lavender, accented with lemon and orange peel. Once lit, the floral and herbal aromas become more concentrated and the smoke offers sweet, multi-dimensional flavors. The strong, long lasting high allows the mind to shift down a gear as muscle tension eases.

Emerald Triangle Blueberry Headband Feminised

Flowering Time: 49-56 Days
Grown Indoor or Outdoor?: Indoor/Outdoor
Parents: Blueberry x Headband
Type: Indica 75% / Sativa 25%
Indoor Yield: High
Buzz: Active, painkilling, long lasting
Taste/Smell: Lemon and blueberry

California’s Emerald Triangle Seeds has the pleasure of bringing us the hybrid of the century. Blueberry Headband is a cross between the classic Blueberry strain and the high yielding Headband AKA Sour Kush strain. Emerald Triangle specializes in making some of the most fantastic hybrid marijuana out of traditional weed strains. The Emerald triangle is located in California, referring to Mendocino, Humboldts and Trinity counties. These areas have thrived for marijuana in the past 50 years. Blueberry exhibits beautiful blue colors that definitely showup in Blueberry Headband. While the Headband father descends from Sour Diesel, ChemDawg and OG Kush.

When separated, Blueberry and Headband each have great yields and full harvest. The combination produces a super yielding plant that grows well indoors or outdoors as long as you manage it well. Sometimes the plant can get so large your only option is to grow it outdoors. Headband can grow to monstrous and lengthy proportions making her hard to contain indoors. Emerald Triangle had planned for this by using the Blueberry mother to keep this hybrid’s height to something more manageable for indoor grows. Blueberry Headband plants can be grown indoors in closets or a specifically designated grow room. You may need to stake the plant as the limbs do get quite long and sometimes have trouble supporting themselves. Growing Blueberry Headband outdoors is a breeze and she will grow to her full potential without much help.

Headband is well-suited for medical marijuana patients since it is not too powerful and can let people continue on with their lives. It can handle any kind of nausea and anxiety you may experience. The Blueberry high is euphoric and can last hours. By combining both of these strains, Emerald Triangle created an activate smoke that will brighten up any day and can sometimes give fits of laughter. Blueberry Headband also works well as a painkiller and can calm you down. Blueberry Headbands flavors include blueberry, of course, as well as a lemon smell that comes from Headband. If you are ever offered Blueberry Headband be sure to accept and enjoy the best the Emerald Triangle has to offer.

If anyone has grow any of these strains and have any issues or potential problems can you please let me know. Specifically, do they take nutes well, prone to mold or bugs, take LST and topping well? Thanks

Well, I'm having some difficulty getting photos into the gallery. I've done everything but when I get to the "select files for upload" button and click on it nothing happens. Does anyone know why?

Thanks for the interest in my grow journal sillywilly and jon. Oh, sillywilly... I'm a girl. :)

Ok, I don't know what the issue was but I got the photos into the gallery. I just got a new camera and was trying to take some macro shoys of the babies but I really don't know how to use the camera yet.

I hope you enjoy the photos and I've included some of my flowering Papaya and Pineapple Chunk...

Vanilla Kush 2 days old
vanilla_kush4.JPG

Double Glock 2 days old
double_glock.JPG

Blueberry Headband 2 days old
blueberry_headband.JPG

Here are some shots of the Pineapple Chunk at 4 wks into flower. These are in 2L hempy

pineapple_chunk_buds_4wks.JPG
pineapple_chunk_4wks.JPG

The next 2 are the Papaya mum in flower for 4 wks and then some bud shots of the 6 wk in flower Papaya that are in 2L hempy

papaya_mum_5wks.JPG
papaya_mom_in_flower_4_wks.JPG
papaya_bud_shot_6wks.jpg
papaya_bud_6wks.JPG

average temps and humidity. The humidity was up because I just watered.

Hope you enjoy and if you have any questions or comments, feel free.
temp_hum.JPG

Hello everyone,

I've got some questions about the upcoming new flowering tent build and I would like to get some different opinions. My roommate will be helping (doing most of the building since he knows about power tools) with the flowering tent and he thinks it would be better to use conduit and fittings for the frame and then double sticky tape to attach the panda plastic. The top would be plywood. I think it would work fine except when trying to attach the lights, fan, intake, etc. To the metal. Also, due to the fittings for the conduit, there will be a gap where light can get in at the top although I guess we could get some thick spongy weather proofing strip and put around the top.

I would like to use 2x4 for the base and top and then 2x2 for sides and to frame in the areas for the intake and output fan. The top would also be plywood but it would be screwed into the frame and no light leaks. The panda plastic would be stapled to the structure and seams taped with black duct tape.

Oh, and the tent size will be 5X3X5
Any thoughts or opinions on which to use... conduit or wood? Thanks everyone

I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday and best wishes to all for a safe, prosperous and healthy new year.

So, a little update today, I took more pics to share. Not much going on with the babies (Vanilla Kush, Blueberry Headband and double Glock) but they are getting taller day by day. I will hopefully be able to get better close up shots of them as they get bigger. Also, awhile ago I planted 2 regular White Widow seeds from Seedsman so I rooted a clone from each and I just put them into flower today to sex them. I'm hoping for at least 1 female.

Here are the babies at 3 days old... I know, kinda boring
seedlings_3_days.JPG

Here are the 3 babies and 2 the right there are 3 clones I just topped to make new mums. 1x Papaya and 2x Pineapple Chunk
seedlings_clones_topped.JPG

Here is 4 clones of Pineapple chunk followed by a pic of what the roots look like after 12 days in the cloner
Pineapple_chunk_clones.JPG
pineapple_chunk_roots.JPG

Next we have some tasty bud shots of the Papaya
papaya_bud_3.JPG
papaya_bud_2L.JPG
papaya_bud_2.JPG
papaya_2L_plant.JPG

Here are the 2 White Widows I just put into flower to sex. Hope I get a girl :)
ww_clones.JPG

Hope you all like my pics and my journal so far. Things will really start jumping when I'm able to start taking clones from the new babies and change up my growing spaces.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

I got a big surprise Christmas day when my daughter found out that she and her husband are going to have a little one. Since we all live in the same house and I have the bigger room, I will be switching rooms with them probably in the spring and will be using the closet for my grow area. So, plans for my 5' X 3' tent will be replaced with a smaller size.

I think the closet is 4' long though so at least my T5's will fit. I'll have to figure out how to exhaust and put the carbon scrubber I'm building in it. I won't be able to put a 6" hole in the closet wall though since we are renting.

No other updates today except the babies are doing great. All the other plants received varying degrees of nutes from transition to full flower nutes. Until my Blue Planet elite 3 part gets here, I'll be using up whats left of the General Hydroponics go box nutes that I have. I also re arranged my flowering area from tallest plants to shortest a little better so I could lower the light where needed. The 6 Papaya plants in 2L hempys shout be ready for harvest on or about Jan 11th. I will definitely check trichs though before I pull them.

I hope everyone is doing well. I'll update with pics in a couple days

Hello everyone. Sorry I haven't updated lately. I harvested the 6 Papaya SOG plants and got 2 OZ dry weight. Not bad for a 1' x 2 1/2' area. I also just harvested the Papaya mum today so I won't know final yield for about a week.

On to the babies. I started to get a little worried because all 3 of them were starting to turn yellow and I couldn't figure out what the issue was. Just when I was starting to loose hope the Blue Planet Nutes arrived and I watered them, the next day they started looking better and getting greener. So thank you BPN for saving my plants! I will get some pics up in the morning of what they look like now.

Ok, so here are the pics of the babies taken today. They are about 4 weeks old. You should be able to see the yellowing of the lower leaves that had me worried. Luckily, after using Nlue Planet nutes all 3 made a complete recovery and are doing great. They seem a little small to me but they probably were stunted. They seem to be picking up now. Also, I threw in a pic of the Papaya mum that was harvested yesterday. I think I will be sticking with SOG grow in 2L hempies. I can already tell the yield from the Papaya mum will be less than the 6 SOG plants that gave me 2OZ yield. They took up about the same amount of space and had the same lighting and nutes.

So, here are the pics...
GEDC00317.JPG
GEDC002812.JPG
GEDC00255.JPG
GEDC00334.JPG

In order of apperance. Blueberry headband, Vanilla Kush and Double Glock And the Papaya mum harvest.

Re: Lundungurl's 2L Hempie Blue Planet Nutrients Indoor Grow with T5 & CFL's - 2012/2

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom