Mad About Marijuana Raids

Weedpipe

420 Member
Despite the passage of a ballot initiative by Big Island voters in November 2008 making adult personal use of marijuana on private property the lowest law enforcement priority, "Counter Cannabis" helicopter missions persist on the island.

And some residents are not happy.

During Wednesday's talk story meeting held in Pahoa, marijuana advocates (religious, medical, and perhaps even recreational) confronted Mayor Billy Kenoi, and Hawaii County Police Chief Harry Kubojiri, about the continued flyovers and pot raids that they say contradict the will of the people.

In September, the Hawaii Tribune-Herald reported that three marijuana eradication missions have been conducted since the November "Peaceful Sky" initiative was voted for.

"Peaceful Sky" defines adult personal use of marijuana on private property as possession of 24 or fewer plants or 24 ounces or less of dried marijuana.

In the face of the questioning, Chief Kubojiri stressed that the law in no way legalizes the use of marijuana on the island - where the weed is commonly referred to as pakalolo - but says that registered medical marijuana users have not been targeted.

Meanwhile, a police marijuana eradication mission report for the month of August - which indicates the number of plants eradicated and the number, type, and disposition of complaints received - is due before the Hawaii County Committee on Public Safety and Parks and Recreation.

The Peaceful Sky Alliance has reportedly filed complaints regarding the continued police helicopter over-flights.

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Big Island Video News
Copyright: Big Island Video News
Website:VIDEO: Public questions police on marijuana eradication - Big Island Video News

"Counter Cannabis" helicopter missions persist on the island.
Yes these are still happening, Just last Tuesday they were above my property again as well as any and all around me. We are Legal Medical Cannabis Patients. There are some here who do not want to become a legal MMJ Patient / Caregiver, who will and still are growing more than the 24 allowed, or growing more than the MMJ Cargegiver / Patient legally are allowed to, as on the Lowest Priority Enforcement law approved last November by the majority of voters here on Hawaii.
This means SQUAT to Mayor Billy Kenoi and to his new and old acquired band of thugs. Yes Mayor Billy Kenoi is an attorney who has very slippery connections tied to Organized Crime here on Hawaii. I did not vote for him. He has nade it clear to me personally in a town meeting last year. He is against all Medical Cannabis. The new law as a lowest priority enforcement is a joke to many of us out here. The only reason and I state this in a professional experience from past performance in the 70's, 80's and 90's is that he (Mayor Billy Kenoi) is protecting the big ranch grows as well as the big HUI grows. All of this herb mostly all goes to O'ahu / Maui.. Some of these huge crops are being containerized and shipped to the mainland. It is outrageous to chopper in an take 15 - 15 footers when 24 are allowed, simply giving a reason of " The plants will produce more than what we will allow you" Who the F _ _ _ are they to decide? That is the role these new type of Thugs here are doing to out on these raids. And no, no you are not arrested, you are made to stand there and watch your medical plants being torn away by the Police / DEA and then told, you're plants were too big and this amount is too much for you, even though you are allowed 24, by the new law, or a Medical Cannabis Patient / Caregiver. The problem has been on these instances, is the grower is a medical Cannabis Patient. In some cases the Grower is not a MMJ patient.

In any case: The State of Hawaii is $988 million in debt this year alone."last nights figures 10.01.09" Why keep adding to this fiscal irresponsibility by allowing and employing the manpower and machine equipment costs to search and destroy a plant.

I think this cannabis plant knows more than we do and is not letting on her full capabilities to us.
Gee maybe that is why the big bad wanna be Feds and Local Boys in Blue are so afraid of it. They are really, so afraind of a plant, a seed, more than they will ever let on. Is this plant going to takeover their governement jobs? What is it with this plant called Cannabis that has so many law enforcement personel so Hell Bent on destroying it?
News at 11:

All I can say is that there are two sets of rules; one for them and one for us. Until pot is legal there is not a shred of hope of ever changing this.

The fox is running the hen house and he don't like no uppity chickens stirring up trouble.

Back
Top Bottom