Mad About Marijuana Raids

Weedpipe

420 Member
Despite the passage of a ballot initiative by Big Island voters in November 2008 making adult personal use of marijuana on private property the lowest law enforcement priority, "Counter Cannabis" helicopter missions persist on the island.

And some residents are not happy.

During Wednesday's talk story meeting held in Pahoa, marijuana advocates (religious, medical, and perhaps even recreational) confronted Mayor Billy Kenoi, and Hawaii County Police Chief Harry Kubojiri, about the continued flyovers and pot raids that they say contradict the will of the people.

In September, the Hawaii Tribune-Herald reported that three marijuana eradication missions have been conducted since the November "Peaceful Sky" initiative was voted for.

"Peaceful Sky" defines adult personal use of marijuana on private property as possession of 24 or fewer plants or 24 ounces or less of dried marijuana.

In the face of the questioning, Chief Kubojiri stressed that the law in no way legalizes the use of marijuana on the island - where the weed is commonly referred to as pakalolo - but says that registered medical marijuana users have not been targeted.

Meanwhile, a police marijuana eradication mission report for the month of August - which indicates the number of plants eradicated and the number, type, and disposition of complaints received - is due before the Hawaii County Committee on Public Safety and Parks and Recreation.

The Peaceful Sky Alliance has reportedly filed complaints regarding the continued police helicopter over-flights.

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Big Island Video News
Copyright: Big Island Video News
Website:VIDEO: Public questions police on marijuana eradication - Big Island Video News

If they can afford to fly a hellicopter for these witch hunts its certainly not lowest priority. Boot his ass out of office.

i can confirm. i saw green harvest flying twice this week on two different days. monday it was a white bumble bee flying low taking pictures. tuesday a yellow bumble bee and two blackhawks with agents. yes they were close enough for me to literally count heads. i did not however see them land but i did hear them drop altitude and hover for a while. its no different than any other end of long season since i can remember. harvest time = thief in helicopter. guess they still havent heard us. that will change.

Back
Top Bottom