Magnum XXXL reflector is it worth it?

growninnorcal

Here's a link to the product:

Magnum XXXL 6 Air-Cooled Reflector

So I always went with the rule of thumb 1000 watt HPS for a 4x4 area. If I got this reflector do you think it can increase the coverage to atleast 5x5? I don't want to get two reflectors then get my lux meter and be disappointed. So if anyone can chime in please do to save me some $$$$. Thanks

Hi, It is going to spread the light. 5" x 5" WHY NOT. :peace:

I know it will spread the light but if you read my first post I wanted to know wether or not the Lux amount is minimal. I don't want to get reflectors that will put out the same lux amount on the edge of the 4x4 foot print like I have now. If it increases the amount of Lux based on the design and covers a larger area that would be the question I'm looking for. Thanks

Its a 10x10 room but I always stayed within the 4x4 footprint with a regular hydro sun reflector and a 1000 watt HPS. I run two 1000 watts.

A lot of people go with watts per square foot (wpsf). Currently you get 62.5 wpsf with yoru 4x4 space per 1000w. 50-65 is considered the ideal range. So you are in perfect shape as is.

while the new hood may spread the light more....it still spreading out the same amount of light. if you move to 5x5 you will have 40 wpsf. Which is a bit lower than you may want.

i would stay as you are. but thats me. peace.

A lot of people go with watts per square foot (wpsf). Currently you get 62.5 wpsf with yoru 4x4 space per 1000w. 50-65 is considered the ideal range. So you are in perfect shape as is.

while the new hood may spread the light more....it still spreading out the same amount of light. if you move to 5x5 you will have 40 wpsf. Which is a bit lower than you may want.

i would stay as you are. but thats me. peace.

Thank you. This is what I was wondering about. Then again I never thought of it as WPSF, I'd literally use my lux meter to see the readings. Thanks again for your input.

Back
Top Bottom