Major Marijuana Ring Busted, 38 Indicted

420AM&PM

The DEA wanted to make sure no one doubted the scope of its investigation and it pointed to the salary of the organization's leader as proof.

"$150,000 a month, that's pretty good money for a 22 year old," said Jeffrey Sweetin, Special Agent for the Drug Enforcement Administration.

Thursday, the DEA and the Denver District Attorney's Office announced a massive indictment of 38 individuals by a Denver Grand Jury. Authorities believe the people took part in a large-scale marijuana distribution organization.

"These aren't people going to a house saying, 'Yeah, let me buy a couple of joints so I can go to the rock concert,'" said Sweetin.

Denver DA Mitch Morrissey called this "the biggest indictment in the history of the Denver District Attorney's Office."

Investigators say Thanh Hau, 22, was the organization's leader. Hau faces 59 counts related to drug trafficking. They say he ran his operation out of his house just a few blocks east of Bible Park in southeast Denver.

Sweetin says the indictments signal an end of his operation. "This group is gone. It's wiped out," he said.

Sweetin says the organization sold high-potency marijuana, and he estimates the marijuana could sell on the street for $3,000 to $4,000 a pound.

By Thursday afternoon, 25 of the 38 who had been indicted had been arrested.

Investigators say the group operated in much the same fashion as a legitimate and rather large business. Except, Sweetin says, its members operated in the drug world and often times turned to crime to keep the operation going.

"When you find guns and bulletproof vests (you know) they're not collectors. They're not collectors of police memorabilia. These are people who are willing to kill people to protect their business," said Sweetin.

Not everyone is ready to jump on the DEA bandwagon however.

Mason Tvert runs the campaign to pass Amendment 44. The amendment would legalize the limited possession of an ounce or less of marijuana.

Tvert says he is skeptical over the timing of the announcement.

"(The DEA) is doing everything they can to scare the voters into voting against a measure they may otherwise want to vote for," he said.

Tvert maintains alcohol is far more dangerous than marijuana and says Coloradoans should be able to choose between the two.

Sweetin dismisses Tvert's argument. He says he feels a passage of Amendment 44 would lead to an increase of drug-trafficking operations like the one his office just helped bust.

Newshawk: 420AM&PM - 420 Magazine
Source: 9NEWS (CO)
Pubdate: October 20, 2006
Author: Chris Vanderveen
Copyright: Copyright by KUSA-TV, All Rights Reserved

Nearly One In Eight US Drug Prisoners Are Behind Bars For Pot -- Taxpayers Spending Over $1 Billion Annually To Incarcerate Pot Offenders...

THATS CRAZY I WEAR A BULLET PROOF VEST BUT THATS BECAUSE I GOT MY LIVE THREATENED BY STUPID PEOPLE...NOT BECAUSE IM A DEALER. PLUS I USUALLY RIDE A MOTORCYCLE...CANT LEAVE HOME WITHOUT THE GEAR IF IM ON THE 1100 R1 YAMAHA.

I Dont Sell Drugs But I Know That When You Have $100000 Of Pot In Your Posession Either Your Really Rich And Wanted To Start Seeign What Being A Drug Dealer Is Like, Someone Told You To Hold The Stuff, A Cop Set You Up, Or You Won The Lotto... Not A Lot Of People Can Get Ahold Of 100 Pounds...

100 lbs around here isnt hard to get ahold of, if i had the money i'd just make a phone call and go pick it up lol ...

420AM&PM said:
100 lbs around here isnt hard to get ahold of, if i had the money i'd just make a phone call and go pick it up lol ...

Ya like me getting that much here in FL...ITs hard man....Most I get is for my personal use...Like $100 worth a month and that buys an ounce of mid grades.. or like an 1/8 of purple... Too much to pay for that here in FL...If I had the money I wouldnt get that much weight. I wouldnt be able to get rid of it:bong: . I can smoke it all up though... LOL

The doctor in cali reccomended me 6 pounds a year and I said thats plenty for me....LOL:smokin:

Upon arriving back in the United States earlier in 2006, It was curious to see the amount of Lighting Stores that had sprung up all over the various states. After visiting several stores of this nature and realizing which ones were rip offs and what ones were not. The most common element in all these stores were the presence of Asian Men and Women, picking up large quantities of lighting equipment. I mean 10 + lights, hydro systems, blowers, fans, etc..
After speaking to 3 of the shops owners it was confirmed by all 3 that their biggest customers were Asians. It was also noted that most Caucasion buyers were likely to get 1-3 lights. They were mostly Male Buyers.
There is a certain element here that suggests that BIG BUSINESS is involved and who was going after it. Proof in the pudding is from Actual Sales. It was clearly predominant that the shops that were personally visited and witnessed 1st hand was truly dominated in sales from the Asian Pursuasion. It was reminiscent of back in the Early to mid 70's of all the Thai Weed that was being smuggled in to Southern Oregon / Northern Cal. Bandon Ore to Stinson Beach CAl. The ships had off loaded thousands of TONS. It was't till the Cardinal O'C brought the General down from Thailand and the Money Giver of Southern Ore and on the run with all these Orange Boxes full of money. Over 8 Million seized in a Portland Motel. What a sting the dark environment around us pulled off.Our hats were off to the man who got that 8 million. It was about that time when some smarter people got together and decided to take most all those collected Thai Seeds along with many years of the Santa Marta Columbian Seeds and a little bit from Oaxaca Seeds & decided that Northern Cal / Southern Oregon would do just fine to to grow these varities. 35 years later it has all been successful and smiles are upon many faces. The Orange boxes are really full still amongst those who have persevered for over 35 years The Cardinal has retired.Good Night 102. This is a known fact. He was the most worthy player in this circut for over 30 years. We tip our hats to him.

Back
Top Bottom